Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler-watchers have been puzzled lately by the appearance of a “Super 8” package on the Chrysler 200. Was this a comic-book superhero tie-in? A reference to old film or tape formats? A return of the 8-track cassette player? According to some sources, the Super 8 package is merely an error — the actual package is “Super S.” What this entails is unknown. The 200 S Convertible Special Edition ( ordering code AAZ) is due to enter production in early September 2013; the Super 8 package is set for early October. It does seem likely now, given that both 200S Special Edition and Super 8 Package are listed as code AAZ, that the Super 8 package is actually just the Super S, as retyped by a person with fuzzy vision. The company has released a “Super S” concept in the past (pictured). In other special-edition news, production of the Fiat..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
119 Posts
If anyone can decipher this date, then we will know when the final production is scheduled to end. Also lends credence that "Super 8" is also a typo.....

• Final production is scheduled to end:

Mopar Leather Group (AAG) - 02/104/13

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The 2014 200 can get the Super S package on the Touring and Limited, with the limited also having the Super S Premium package on top of that(basically just leather)

·
Registered
844 Posts
My 1st thought was a tie-in with the hotel chain... :)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
Chrysler is more aimed at Buick, just like Walter P. Chrysler wanted it to be. Chrysler Corp. had an all auto luxury brand in Imperial. Personally I would like to see them push a higher end Chrysler models or brand. But again Chrysler was positioned to take on the likes of Buick and Mercury. The UF will be more luxurious as well. With the great rear wheel drive platforms Chrysler has, its to bad they wouldn't step it up to battle Cadillac and their old "merger of equals" partner Mercedes.

redriderbob

·
Registered
699 Posts
redriderbob said:
Chrysler is more aimed at Buick, just like Walter P. Chrysler wanted it to be. Chrysler Corp. had an all auto luxury brand in Imperial. Personally I would like to see them push a higher end Chrysler models or brand. But again Chrysler was positioned to take on the likes of Buick and Mercury. The UF will be more luxurious as well. With the great rear wheel drive platforms Chrysler has, its to bad they wouldn't step it up to battle Cadillac and their old "merger of equals" partner Mercedes.

redriderbob
I'd rather see them devoted to improving popular priced cars than rich man's toys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts