Allpar Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
MoparJoe said:
You are right Mike.... Mopar will not make a kit to put the v10 in a Challenger....

They are way to busy designing and marketing stickers and sippy cups for all those new Alfa's that will be comming ...
Joe that's wrong in many ways. You and I both know that I can't like that would be impossible to do because of regulations

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
Joe that's wrong in many ways. You and I both know that I can't like that would be impossible to do because of regulations
Mike
There are new sticker regulations???

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Mike, my pun was with Mopar. YOU are correct, they will not put a v10 in the Challenger, and they do not need to. Just bring on the next platform with 8 speeds, new fuel systems, superchargers, and turbo's and we will own the world.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
MoparJoe said:
Mike, my pun was with Mopar. YOU are correct, they will not put a v10 in the Challenger, and they do not need to. Just bring on the next platform with 8 speeds, new fuel systems, superchargers, and turbo's and we will own the world.
Patience my good man.

MoparNorm said:
There are new sticker regulations???
Every sticker is good for 10hp. :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mike V. said:
However it was not reported to be on a stand. Aftermarket add on kits are not the same as OEM equipment. There will never be a "Mopar kit" to install a V10 in a Challenger for street legal applications.

Mike
Mopar already did, the dragpack Challenger. Never suggested or implied they'd do anything street legal in that regard. Mopar performance parts are aftermarket though. In some cases the OEMs do solicit aftermarket vendor help for development. In the electronics area there is one such vendor that comes to mind who happens to have a new ECU that just hit the market. I don't expect Mopar to develop any sort of engine swap "kits". But they haven't stopped developing new packages for existing vehicles such as the dragpack Challenger, that's my point.

Regardless, boosted Viper V10s are a good thing no matter who's doing them or for what purpose. :)

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
TonyM said:
Mopar already did, the dragpack Challenger. Never suggested or implied they'd do anything street legal in that regard. Mopar performance parts are aftermarket though. In some cases the OEMs do solicit aftermarket vendor help for development. In the electronics area there is one such vendor that comes to mind who happens to have a new ECU that just hit the market. I don't expect Mopar to develop any sort of engine swap "kits". But they haven't stopped developing new packages for existing vehicles such as the dragpack Challenger, that's my point.

Regardless, boosted Viper V10s are a good thing no matter who's doing them or for what purpose. :)
You missed the "street legal applications" part of my reply. BTW, the Challenger Drag Pak cars (including the V10 ones) were built through a partnership with Roush Engineering.

Drag Pak Challenger is a race car, unfortunately little of it applies to street Challengers because they are so heavily modified and many run very little to none of the factory electronic systems that the street cars run.

If Chrysler wants to build and sell a supercharged Viper than great.

Mike

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
We'll have to wait for word on when/if the ZR1 is intro'd. That is, as has been mentioned...

"when the fun begins"!

So if the 2013 Viper was intro'd Q1 2012, and the TA is a 2014 car, and it was intro'd Q1 2013, then I expect (swag, or Mwag-Muther's Wild [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] Guess) that we'll see an ACR type vehicle in Q1 2014, or maybe two models. A "ZR1 Fighter", and a "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" ACR, as long as Pirelli gets its half of the bargain completed by then (please pirelli, work hard on this). in 2012 RG did say it was going to be a "couple years" before the ACR was in stores, so 2014 seems abut right for the intro.

Boy, oh Boy is it good to be a Mopar guy, again. It sucked in the 80's, it was OK in the 90's, it suecked again in the 2000's. We are due, I am tellin' you.

I am looking forward to the intro of so many models (C'mon RHE-Ram Hellcat Express, gonna get HE11CAT as my license plate, c'mon 3.x L-DI-DTC-MAII in the Mazda Romeo, C'Mon Barracuda, C'mon DSRT4-when the time is right, C'mon Dart ACR, C'mon Challenger TA-ACR). Wishfull thinking on some I know, but heck... can you blame me?

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Only time will tell

41 - 49 of 49 Posts