Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Powdered Toast Man said:
I thought Neons were made in Belvedire, IL?

And Toluca quality? Is that why the rear fascia corners are still popping out below my tail lights on mine and just about every other Journey on the road?
But is that assembly quality or parts quality?

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Mr.Source said:
Dave, with all my respect to you, Toluca never built a coupe, just sedans, and we were the ones who designed the engine for the SRT 4 , you'll have to remember that Toluca made those Spirits and Shadows Turbo, it was a Mexican project.
All the development of those Turbos was made in Mexico, Detroit never trusted Turbos, until they saw what we did with the Neon SRT 4, we even made an SRT 6 that never saw the light because of Daimler, they killed a lot of projects, they never let us work or trus in us, they only cared about their products.
Chrysler for them was like the unwanted child, they always saw Chrysler and empoyees inferior.

Well maybe you are right, but he must understand that's not a Tolucas problem, if you go to a dealer, you'll see that all fascias are good, they come off with an accident, remember that those párts are engineered, and they must be approved by the goverments agencies, but that my friend is a common problem with todays cars, corners are always weaker, they must come out in an accident, it doesn't matter if it's not a hard or big one.

The 500 is still selling well, orders are still coming in, sometime, Toluca can't build them on time.
Thanks for the SRT4 and SRT6 info!

Agreed, I think it's more a materials/supplier/engineering problem than a Toluca assembly problem. The parts on my Caliber aren't great, but from what I can tell, it was assembled very well. So the workers at the Belvidere plant did their job properly. The problem is with the Dumbler penny pinching.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
Ahh warped rotors. Chrysler has been plagued with that bug for years. It ain't just the Journey. I hope if their new supplier works out they give them all their rotor business. I work for one of the major auto parts chains, and let me tell you we get more then our share of rotor sales from Chrysler products. I bought a new 1984 Ramcharger, warranty supplied me with 3 new sets before it was up, they all warped and I'm not hard on brakes. I replaced them after warranty with a name brand aftermarket pair and they never warped. My 02 Ram 2500 I bought new was built in the Lago Alberto plant Mr Source talks about on here and I have 200,000 miles on it with the original rotors. So someone knows how to make good rotors.
Agreed.

Our '04 Dakota was the worst one for brakes (they were scary), but we've replaced just about every pair of front rotors on all of our vehicles within 50,000km. Three different drivers in a wide variety of driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.