Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Allpar News System said:
The fate of the Toluca, Mexico assembly plant is a quandary for Mopar observers. Current plans appear to be for the Fiat 500 to return to European construction and for the Dodge Journey to move in with the Chrysler 200 or Jeep Cherokee when it moves to its new platform. Toluca, home of the Neon, then the PT Cruiser, then the Journey and Fiat 500, would then be empty.

Toluca includes an assembly plant and a stamping plant. Originally created as AutoMex, it made a full line of cars for the Mexican market. In 1994, after years of making K-cars and related cars, the plant switched from making LeBaron, Phantom, Spirit, and Acclaim to Neons. PT came in 2001, Journey in 2008, Fiat 500 in 2011. While the plant’s future use is a mystery, here are what we believe to be the major options: Chrysler could shut it down..

View the original, full post
Hi, I just want to let you know that Automex, known as Chrysler, was located in Mexico City, in the famous street Lago Alberto, the picture you are shown is not Automex in Mexico City, this plant since the begining was Chrysler de Mexico, and it's still located in Toluca.

In the back of that area, where now we can find Mopar warehouse, we began to assemble the Dodge Shadow convertible, we had a normal aspirated engine and the GTS Turbo version.

And for your info. CHRYSLER WILL NOT SHUT DOWN TOLUCA, until TODAY, they have huge plans for it, and let me remind you, that they are not so crazy to shut down a plant who has been building cars with an outstanding quality, it maybe one of the best if not the best in quality for Chrysler, and it's among the best worldwide, so does Saltillo.
Vehicles engines and more are being assembled in Mexico with QUALITY and PRIDE !!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Powdered Toast Man said:
I thought Neons were made in Belvedire, IL?

And Toluca quality? Is that why the rear fascia corners are still popping out below my tail lights on mine and just about every other Journey on the road?
Something happen to your rear fascia, those will alone never come out. And yes, we build with quality, if you don't think so, you are free to sell it, there is a market full with options, good luck to you.
TripleT said:
Even the brakes?
TripleT said:
Even the brakes?
Yes, you are right, we had problems with brakes, it took us time until Chrysler agreed with us, we had a lot of complains, so we had to change rotors and pads, we are now with a new supplier, but being honest it was Chrysler's fault.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Dave said:
I have to say our Toluca Neon had better paint than Belvidere Neons of the same year (1994) but they switched over to the modular clutch later, and that was a problem, though only after a dealer put his greasy mitts onto it. So maybe it wasn't a manufacturing problem....

Our brakes lasted past 100,000 miles, pads and calipers both.

Early Neons, both sedans and coupes, were made in Toluca. Later all coupes went to Toluca and all sedans to Belvidere.
Dave, with all my respect to you, Toluca never built a coupe, just sedans, and we were the ones who designed the engine for the SRT 4 , you'll have to remember that Toluca made those Spirits and Shadows Turbo, it was a Mexican project.
All the development of those Turbos was made in Mexico, Detroit never trusted Turbos, until they saw what we did with the Neon SRT 4, we even made an SRT 6 that never saw the light because of Daimler, they killed a lot of projects, they never let us work or trus in us, they only cared about their products.
Chrysler for them was like the unwanted child, they always saw Chrysler and empoyees inferior.
LXbuilder said:
Its acually a pretty common problem from what I've seen.
Likely engineering and not assembly plant.
But as a Chrysler employee, you really shouldn't dismiss a customer that way .

http://www.allpar.com/photos/reviews/Dodge/Journey/Journey-fascia-flaw.jpg
Well maybe you are right, but he must understand that's not a Tolucas problem, if you go to a dealer, you'll see that all fascias are good, they come off with an accident, remember that those párts are engineered, and they must be approved by the goverments agencies, but that my friend is a common problem with todays cars, corners are always weaker, they must come out in an accident, it doesn't matter if it's not a hard or big one.
66coronet said:
The whole idea of building the 500 series in Mexico was to sell to north in south and central America. So the 500 series is selling so little that they have to be manufactured only in Europe. Wow.
I wonder what plans they have for that plant. That's allot of people. Some other world vehicle. I'm sure Toledo wouldn't want to loose the Wrangler.
The 500 is still selling well, orders are still coming in, sometime, Toluca can't build them on time.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Toluca and Saltillo are very healthy, Chrysler is making a lot of money because of those Mexican plants, so who could even think about it?

Today we inspected more than 100 Journeys and all of them were ok, gaps were according specs in rear fascias and in many other areas.
We changed brakes, updated modules and change some suspension components on the new Journeys.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Mike V. said:
Every couple of weeks I give mine a tap with the bottom of my fist to pop it back in.

Mike
Please, take ikt back to any dealer, they will have the fix.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Danno said:
Of course deakers were adviced of the fix, read those bulletins, or take a look at a new Jorney see whatps new, what has been changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.