Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Dodge Avenger, Dodge Charger and Dodge Grand Caravan have all been named "Best Values" by USAA. The three awards give Dodge the largest number of honorees of any brand, domestic or foreign. The Dodges won in the Mid-Size Sedan, Large Sedan and Minivan categories, respectively. Vehicles selected as Best Values are selected from cars and light trucks designated as "USAA Preferred," which is a proprietary rating system that helps consumers find the right vehicle for their needs. In selecting preferred vehicles, USAA considers factors such as cost to own, including lower purchase price, insurance and fuel costs, safety and reliability. In addition to the three Best Value awards, the Chrysler 200, Dodge Dart, Dodge Durango, Dodge Journey and Fiat 500 were on USAA's Preferred list. Formed in 1922, USAA offers a variety of financial services, including insurance, for members of the U.S. military, their dependents and survivors. USAA also..

View the original, full post

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
That's 21% of the "Best Value" list for Dodge alone... Toyota as a corporation also has 21%, but only lumping Scion, Toyota, and
Lexus in together in that category.

Obviously Mopar/Fiat does less well, percentage-wise, compared to Toyota and GM once all of the "Preferred" vehicles are noted, but there's one thing definitely notable...

Dodge is the only minivan on the list.

Let me repeat that for you...

Dodge is the ONLY minivan on the list!

With some categories being way overloaded (to the point that it's a little silly), one of the most important categories for young families, the minivan, has only the Dodge listed.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
...and they gave me a great rate 2.0% for 72mos on my new Challenger R/T Classic!

Sergio reads this thread and thinks "must kill one mini-van".

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Good to see it topped the imports in this review. Great to see what a little tweaking will do for the brand.

Quote:

The Avenger was a USAA Preferred vehicle in this category last year, but competitive pricing and high reliability moved it to the top of the midsize sedan segment in 2013. The Avenger also stands out as the sole "Best Value" vehicle to earn a "Top Safety Pick+" award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Link to article:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/car_buying_service_full_preferred_list

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Makes me happy to be a USAA member!
If you are a veteran or qualify for USAA. Credit, credit cards or other services, they are great.
Among the best interest rates of any credit card or loan service.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
97 plymouth neon expresso said:
Pentagon Federal Credit Union also has very good credit card/loan rates. Up until last month, the best CD rates also.
Yes but...how did they rate the Chrysler Products? ;)

·
3,813 Posts
Pentagon Federal and Navy Federal are consistently much lower on Interest Rates for auto loans than USAA. USAA has great insurance rates though...

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
JRS200x said:
Pentagon Federal and Navy Federal are consistently much lower on Interest Rates for auto loans than USAA. USAA has great insurance rates though...
Sometimes. I have USAA for banking but they wanted $80 more a month than what I am paying State Farm for insurance.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Aren't we getting a bit off topic?
USAA selected three Mopar's as 'Best Picks' and they also provide great services.
Use USAA to finance your auto purchase and save over most other companies because of their special rates on their 'Best Picks'.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I like the newer updated Avenger but why is it in most car reviews for mid-size cars its almost always at the bottom of the list?

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
voiceofstl said:
I like the newer updated Avenger but why is it in most car reviews for mid-size cars its almost always at the bottom of the list?
Probably because its exterior didn't change much, so they don't re-review it, relying on their review of the DBAG-era first release.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts