Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This morning, Chrysler Group reported it sold 140,102 light vehicles in July, which represents an 11.1% increase over July 2012 — the company's best July results since 2006. Chrysler has now racked up 40 months of uninterrupted year-over-year sales improvements. Jeep, Dodge, Ram Truck and Fiat all beat their numbers from last year, with the 31.5% jump in Ram sales leading the way. “We continue to see strong retail sales, particularly with our pickup trucks and SUVs,” said Reid Bigland, Head of U.S. Sales. The big gainer for the month was the Dodge Durango, with sales up 87.7% to 5,135. Ram pickup sales rose 31.4% in July, driven by the increased demand for full-size pickups. Dodge brand sales were up 18 percent in July, driven in part by the 88 percent increase in Dodge Durango full-size SUV sales. Jeep brand sales were up 1.7% despite the drag of the discontinued Liberty...

View the original, full post

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Looks like the 500L is attracting 500 buyers, but no others. Hopefully it will take some time for consumers to find out about it and total,sales to grow?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Keep the good news coming!

MoparNorm said:
Looks like the 500L is attracting 500 buyers, but no others. Hopefully it will take some time for consumers to find out about it and total,sales to grow?
My dealer has replaced their Grand Caravan "courtesy shuttle" with a Fiat 500L

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
From what I understand, the 500L was introduced first on the east and west coasts - I've yet to see any available here in my area.

Both Journey and Durango continue to trend up. For Jeep, the only models to trend up from last month were Compass and Patriot.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Another problem is, several dealers sold them out and are now waiting. Several studios near me have horrendously small inventories of cars right now. But the dealer who has "market adjustments" on the window have plenty of cars. Idiots.

Go Durango!

Mike

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Over the last two weeks, I've seen 4 500Ls (privately owned) during my drive to work in Orlando. I was very impressed with them.

·
Super Moderator
36,926 Posts
Total car sales are increased at a greater rate than total truck sales. And here I thought Chrysler only offered trucks and SUVs.

Doug in Florida said:
Over the last two weeks, I've seen 4 500Ls (privately owned) during my drive to work in Orlando. I was very impressed with them.
If I was looking for a single vehicle that was economical and could haul the dogs around, the 500L would be one I would strongly consider.

Even my friend who had bad luck with a regular Fiat 500 wants to look over the 500L.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
From what I understand, the 500L was introduced first on the east and west coasts - I've yet to see any available here in my area.Both Journey and Durango continue to trend up. For Jeep, the only models to trend up from last month were Compass and Patriot.
July, in regards to overall sales, seems to always trend down.
Since the Fiat Studios only have two models and there has yet to be an ad campaign, only buyers who came to look at the 500, are learning about the 500L.
Sales of 500L, at least in July, appear to be a direct cannibilization of 500 sales. Hope an ad campaign for 500L is gearing up, otherwise it could be a long road to improve overall Fiat sales.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
unverferth said:
Still don't understand what's going on with the Charger.
No marketing...and no Charger in NASCAR... ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Since the Fiat Studios only have two models and there has yet to be an ad campaign, only buyers who came to look at the 500, are learning about the 500L.
Sales of 500L, at least in July, appear to be a direct cannibilization of 500 sales. Hope an ad campaign for 500L is gearing up, otherwise it could be a long road to improve overall Fiat sales.
I can't speak to the ad campaign in your area. But in the DC area, they have been blasting us with the "the British are coming, no the Italians are" ad for the 500L for about 30-60 days. So my guess is that it really depends on where you are. And it's not obvious (at least to me) that there is much inventory of 500Ls yet, or that it is spread out properly yet across the continent.

I finally saw one on the street this morning--it looked nice!

Stratuscaster said:
From what I understand, the 500L was introduced first on the east and west coasts - I've yet to see any available here in my area.

Both Journey and Durango continue to trend up. For Jeep, the only models to trend up from last month were Compass and Patriot.
Hopefully, the long-term trends for both Journey and Durango portend good things for the Dart. I know there's been so much talk on other threads about the weakness(es) of the various brands, including Dodge. If so, that might explain why it seems to take years to establish each Dodge in the market--you have to build the reputation of each vehicle line in order to sell it, because the Dodge brand itself doesn't seem to be helping to establish them. Nonetheless, eventually each line seems to find its footing, and maybe it is simply that we're another 12-24 months from Dart finally being in that position, too. Besides, if Dodge introduces enough high quality product lines that ultimately find happy buyers, then eventually the Dodge brand itself will become more attractive again, too...

·
Super Moderator
36,926 Posts
The 500L commercials have been playing here in Atlanta as well.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
MoparNorm said:
No marketing...and no Charger in NASCAR... ;)
Marketing has never shown ANY love to the second generation LX/LD, I always wonder what just a little advertising would do to sales?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Actually, there has been am ad campaign going for the 500L... "The Italians Are Coming"

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
Actually, there has been am ad campaign going for the 500L... "The Italians Are Coming"
Mike
On You Tube, Twitter, or channel Estonia??? ;)
I will admit, I have heard that "byline" in the background...and it was so forgettable and an unnoticeable spot, that I did not catch that it was for the 500L.
The commercial was tactless and tasteless.
They need to do better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
MoparNorm said:
On You Tube, Twitter, or channel Estonia??? ;)
I will admit, I have heard that "byline" in the background...and it was so forgettable and an unnoticeable spot, that I did not catch that it was for the 500L.
The commercial was tactless and tasteless.
They need to do better.
I agree. And the car isn't even made in Italy. It was made by and for industry (ad or auto) insiders. I had one friend ask me why they should care that the Italians are coming--what was the significance of THAT? I had to explain that the commercial is simply a swipe at the British Mini brand--that FIAT was gunning to beat the Mini. I'm sure that's impressive to whomever designed the ad, but nobody else cares--they actually need to explain why it is the right car--a car nobody in this market knows--for someone to own.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
eastcoaster said:
I agree. And the car isn't even made in Italy. It was made by and for industry (ad or auto) insiders. I had one friend ask me why they should care that the Italians are coming--what was the significance of THAT? I had to explain that the commercial is simply a swipe at the British Mini brand--that FIAT was gunning to beat the Mini. I'm sure that's impressive to whomever designed the ad, but nobody else cares--they actually need to explain why it is the right car--a car nobody in this market knows--for someone to own.
One version has a lazy and disinterested Paul Revere, that actually pissed me off, knowing about the dedication of the real Paul Revere.
The second ad spot featured women transforming from Puritans to harlots, pretty interesting actually but after watching them, I'll be danged if I remember what the product was. ;)
Two fails.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts