Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Fiat Ducato is popular in Europe as a motor home base, and it was a matter of time before the beefier Ram ProMaster was adapted into recreational vehicle (“RV”) form. Ram may be fortunate that the first company to show off a ProMaster-based RV is Winnebago, the iconic motor home maker whose RVs, with the trademark “W,” were once a staple of American roads. The 2014 Winnebago Travato is a Class B motor home, part of the Touring Coach™ line; it is twenty feet long, and features swivel cab seats, LED ceiling and awning lights, standard navigation system, split dinette, and rear access double doors.  The Travato is only available with the Pentastar V6 engine, not the 3-liter Fiat diesel.

Features of the Travato include a corner double bed (a portion of which flips up for bicycle storage), full-height bath door, automatic entrance step, wet bath, wardrobe,..

View the original, full post

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Any reports on fuel economy? After a friend got a Sprinter I was impressed with its capabilities. I sure hope this can outclass Sprinter.

·
Administrator
35,285 Posts
So far, only the gasoline V6 and six-speed automatic. Gas mileage would I imagine be similar to Sprinter gasoline version, possibly a bit better due to lower weight. We have a comparison somewhere on Allpar.

The diesel, if available, would be the real mileage king, but ... so far, no go. I don't know if that's because Winnebago didn't want a 174 horse engine, or because they are late availability.

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/ram/ProMaster.html

Launch pricing is well below Sprinter. We did an article on that a while ago, I think it was five to ten thousand lower on similar models.

Aha. There is so far no fuel mileage estimate for ProMaster.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
Any reports on fuel economy? After a friend got a Sprinter I was impressed with its capabilities. I sure hope this can outclass Sprinter.
This is a bit lighter duty than Sprinter. However the 3.0 VM diesel would be a game changer, if used in the Ducato.
The Fiat diesels are not ready for prime time in the US, as they are similar to the Fiat gas Twin-Air engines (in NVH) which won't find favor with American consumers for many reasons.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I rather like seeing a "Dodge" Winnebago again, albeit a fake Dodge. (Not compeletly fake with the Pentastar engine.) Overall it looks like a nifty van conversion with a good layout - better than typical Ford/Chevy conversions.

The front fascia would look better with a body-color bumper and a chrome grille.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts