Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Fiat Ducato is popular in Europe as a motor home base, and it was a matter of time before the beefier Ram ProMaster was adapted into recreational vehicle (“RV”) form. Ram may be fortunate that the first company to show off a ProMaster-based RV is Winnebago, the iconic motor home maker whose “W”-striped RVs were once a staple of American roads. The 2014 Winnebago Travato is a Class B motor home, part of the Touring Coach™ line; it is twenty feet long, and features swivel cab seats, LED ceiling and awning lights, standard navigation system, split dinette, and rear access double doors. The Travato is only available with the Pentastar V6 engine, not the 3-liter Fiat diesel.

Features of the Travato include a corner double bed (a portion of which flips up for bicycle storage), full-height bath door, automatic entrance step, wet bath, wardrobe, and..

View the original, full post

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts
I think they were TRYING to make it look more aggressive, and unfortunately failed.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
It just seems hard to believe that more couldn't have been done to clean up that front end. Chrome the lower portion, color-key the entire top half and the fender flares, and it would look so much better.

Sidebar: I wonder how many of the oldtimers who buy these will misjudge the depth of that nose and plow into walls, shrubbery... pedestrians????

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,996 Posts

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
^ wow, that bumper looks so much better (IMHO)

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
FreeLantz said:
Sidebar: I wonder how many of the oldtimers who buy these will misjudge the depth of that nose and plow into walls, shrubbery... pedestrians????
No more than wet behind the ears youngsters with poor depth perception. ;)
JRS200x said:
There are practical reasons why the front end looks the way it does.
$$$$

Does any source list the towing capacity of this rig?
Still loving this concept as a Class C on that Ram 5500 Bus, from the other thread.
Not having the diesel option is a problem.

·
3,813 Posts
That does look better, but the front fascia on the Promaster is a three piece fascia and for good reason. It allows much easier and potentially less costly repairs. You wouldn't have to replace the entire bumper in many instances and could simply replace the lower portion if an employee kept curbing it or damaging it, it also in an accident reduces the likelihood of the headlights being broken or needing repair which would significantly reduce the cost of repairs. Basically, it was all done in order to lower the cost of ownership which is generally a pretty big deal to business owners and was listed as the #1 desired feature when considering a purchase by businesses. When you combine that with the 10,000 mile interval on oil changes in the Pentastar and 18,500 in the upcoming 3.0 I4 diesel, you are talking about some pretty good potential savings in the long run for businesses, which would sway them from the Nissan NV's, Transit Connects and Sprinters of the world.

MoparNorm said:
Not having the diesel option is a problem.
There is a diesel option coming soon. 3.0L I4 diesel.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
As with ALL recent product pronouncements...how "soon" is soon?

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
suzq044 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T-h8ruMKBog#t=36

^ 15 different ways that could've been done with the ProMaster, have been done with the Ducato & derivatives.

The v53 (from the video) even changes said front bumper:

That's not to say it's an improvement, but whatever. xD
Oh it's definitely, dfinitely an improvement. Not to say it's great, because it's not, the headlights still don't look right. But it gives the front a FAR mroe cohesive look.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
bumonbox said:
Oh it's definitely, dfinitely an improvement. Not to say it's great, because it's not, the headlights still don't look right. But it gives the front a FAR mroe cohesive look.
Actually it looks like a character from 'Cars'.

Reactions: M.O.D.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Actually it looks like a character from 'Cars'.
Damn you. Now every time I look at the picture, I see it's mouth just hanging partially open and hear a continuous "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
JRS200x said:
Speaking with our commercial rep yesterday, soon seems to be within 6 months, but we all know how that goes :p
So that means we can expect it as a 2017 model then. :)

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
bumonbox said:
Damn you. Now every time I look at the picture, I see it's mouth just hanging partially open and hear a continuous "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
:lol:

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
Just color-key the plastic pieces and fender flares, and with no other changes, it would look much better. I understand the work van models looking this way. But they could have done something to make the RV look better, right? I'm sure the thing won't be cheap.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
MoparNorm said:
As with ALL recent product pronouncements...how "soon" is soon?
Soon(tm)
FreeLantz said:
Just color-key the plastic pieces and fender flares, and with no other changes, it would look much better. I understand the work van models looking this way. But they could have done something to make the RV look better, right? I'm sure the thing won't be cheap.
Agreed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts