Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Who cares? They can't even spell "Struggle" correctly. What is a "stuggle"? And after 7 hours, NOBODY has noticed this?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
Who cares? They can't even spell "Struggle" correctly. What is a "stuggle"? And after 7 hours, NOBODY has noticed this?
And they said that they need more models...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
"Unfortunately, Chrysler has a very modest line up of cars when Jeep is factored out. Its sales are built almost entirely around its 200, 300 and Town & Country products. These are not enough for it to grapple with manufacturers that have two or three times that many models."
I never knew they were selling Jeeps as Chryslers now! So Dodge, Ram and SRT are just drops in the bucket now... Are we talking about Chrysler LLC or the Chrysler BRAND?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Third to last paragraph: I always like when market share is pointed out..Toyota's 14.2% comes from stealing Ford's and GM's..not Chrysler's..Of the "the big three," Chrysler is the only one that has not lost market share since 1980!

(That is, Chrysler doesn't have less market share than they did when imports really started making an impact on the U.S. market, unlike Ford and GM.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Some truth to the article, many holes in the line up but rather holes than non selling models. I expect in the next few years current models will become best in class like the Ram & GC. That said a small profitable auto maker can survive if they spread out their bets and NOT put all their hopes on PU trucks and SUV's ?

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
681 Posts
So that guy is saying companies need even more models even though everyone is working to streamline their complexities? Looks like we are all in trouble.

One thing I learned from watching CNBC 24/7 is that Wall St don't know cars and journalists just talk to hear themselves talk.

Or that's his way of saying Chrysler is lean and mean.

T

·
0 Posts
I have said this before, let's look at Chrysler's market share today vs 1980. Then look at where GM was in 1980. Chrysler has a loyal following of 11 or 12 percent of the car buyers. If this has not changed significantly in 33 years, that is a commercial in the making. Now if they just had someone in marketing that was that smart to put that on the air. LOL

·
Registered
699 Posts
JTE said:
So that guy is saying companies need even more models even though everyone is working to streamline their complexities? Looks like we are all in trouble.

One thing I learned from watching CNBC 24/7 is that Wall St don't know cars and journalists just talk to hear themselves talk.

Or that's his way of saying Chrysler is lean and mean.
Is not a plethora of models (Saturn for instance) what got GM into trouble?

(Wisdom lost on the wet behind the ears cubicle-rat who wrote this drivel)

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
"For all the progress Chrysler has made since it left Chapter 11, it is still a local American company, which means it is hostage to the U.S. economy. "

Apparently the author missed the part about Fiat owning and operating Chrysler...weird times when a company with 70 billion in annual sales is portrayed as some little lemonade stand in the bijou...

Reactions: guyverfanboy

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I think he didn't even know that Dodge is part of Chrysler...

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
"One thing I learned from watching CNBC 24/7 is that Wall St don't know cars and journalists just talk to hear themselves talk."

Yes. Wall Street doesn't really know any industry that isn't, well, Wall Street. Believe me, I see their takes on other industries and it's just as bad. Used to be when Dell sales went down, Apple stock would go down, because computers is computers, right?

"For all the progress Chrysler has made since it left Chapter 11, it is still a local American company, which means it is hostage to the U.S. economy. "

Chrysler IS still a local American company in that nearly all its sales are in North America, and it IS an American company -- an LLC majority owned by Fiat, but an American company in HQ location, sales, engineering, leadership, etc.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Yikes. Am I the only one that gets their feelings hurt by #@%$ like this? Come on Chrysler, go kick some [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms]!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
dakrt99 said:
Yikes. Am I the only one that gets their feelings hurt by #@%$ like this? Come on Chrysler, go kick some [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms]!
I'm an employee/enthusiast and even I don't care. Why should anyone's feelings be hurt because of the local village idiot?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
was going to post this on their website but why would I want to sign up with Yahoo?
-------------------

Finance "Journalist" Stuggles With The English Language
-details after the fold-

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
So more writing of this high quality caliber can be experienced and heard with your eyes of course silly rabbit.

Idiots. All of them.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,104 Posts
Yahoo has the top kindergarten students hammering away "stories" on their iPods.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Who in the hell hires these yo-yo's??? If we had 1300 models like GM and Ford do, we'd be in the crapper because we'd be splitting the pie even thinner than it already is. As the title states, "haters gonna hate"!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts