Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
Are you sure it is fuel related? How did the fuel filter look? They have plastic tanks as you know, so it can't be rust from the tank itself, but the lines are steel. What about the throttle body injection itself. Has that been gone through?

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
Is it a throttle body injection engine or a MPFI injector engine?

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
You have enough pressure for TBI. Does this have a TPS? Possibly a ground problem, resulting as soon as the truck is moving and jostling around?

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
I agree. You can give the pump a tap on the outside of the tank, too, sometimes that makes them work for a bit longer. Given you only get to drive a few feet before she dies after idling for 20 minutes, even that isn't an indication of a bad pump or Hall Effect, but I would go with that before the pump. Check wiring connections, something loose or not tight, or even a wire being loose. I had a 95 2.5 that actually caught fire from wiring under the hood, two days sooner I drove her 350 miles one way without a problem. Are you getting any strange volt gauge movement prior to dying?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.