Allpar Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That is a good point about the PCV valve. I have been suspecting that it might be a problem. Currently it uses almost a quart every two hundred miles. I switched to a 20-50 weight oil and seems to have slowed down some.I had started with 10-30 weight oil. I have put about 3500 miles on the rebuilt engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well guys, the granddaughter told me yesterday that the Dakota would barely move. I went to check it out and it looks like the clutch has gone out. I put a new clutch pack in it when I swapped motors. I have previously replaced a clutch in 91 model but there is a different transmission in the 95 model. My question is,how do you remove the shift handle. The Hanes book is kind of vague. Also I was wondering which gear lube to use, The tag is missing off the drain plug. Thanks for any help you can provide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, just as an update to the Dakota saga, I finally finished the clutch replacement. I found out that I have an AX15 transmission and the shifter handle just unscrews. During the process I had to replace the oil pan because I was not paying attention and jacked the motor up on the pan and dented it. The only way to replace the pan was to remove the transmission again to get clearance. This was after loosening the engine mounts, removing the exhaust, and lifting the engine several times. There may be an easier way but I didn't find it. I think I maybe better off if I buy a shop manual if I keep this truck. .

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.