·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Wow! Time for an article on it.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Dang...

Anyone know of a Caravan with more miles on it?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob Lincoln said:
Wow! Time for an article on it.
It wouldn't be a long article - I'm still trying to find more history on it. I'm the third owner, bought it in 2011 with 397000 on it for $994 plus title, taxes, and tags. Front driver wheel hub and tie rods, fuel pump, new tires, and basic fluid changes. Replaced the AM/FM/Tape with an AM/FM/CD factory unit, and mounted the Garmin GPS with a Panavise mount. One of the headlamp assemblies was cracked when I bought it - bought both left and right replacement assemblies for $20 off Craigslist.

There's some harsh 2-1 downshifts when the fluid's hot, and it's likely due for a spark plug change as well.

Also learned it was exported to Canada, and then re-imported to the US.

It's been getting ~17MPG in overall city driving with the wife's lead-augmented foot.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
It wouldn't be a long article - I'm still trying to find more history on it. I'm the third owner, bought it in 2011 with 397000 on it for $994 plus title, taxes, and tags. Front driver wheel hub and tie rods, fuel pump, new tires, and basic fluid changes. Replaced the AM/FM/Tape with an AM/FM/CD factory unit, and mounted the Garmin GPS with a Panavise mount. One of the headlamp assemblies was cracked when I bought it - bought both left and right replacement assemblies for $20 off Craigslist.

There's some harsh 2-1 downshifts when the fluid's hot, and it's likely due for a spark plug change as well.

Also learned it was exported to Canada, and then re-imported to the US.

It's been getting ~17MPG in overall city driving with the wife's lead-augmented foot.
My wife's getting about the same on the 2007 town and country. It's only at 100K. 17 at 418,000 miles is fantastic!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Awesome!

I am going to ask my mothers nieghbor about his 92' GC I know he has about 360 k miles.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is 259,700 mi - is this a record?

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,683 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Ha! My wife has more lead in her foot. :frustrated: Back when we had our '00 T&C Ltd AWD 3.8L, the average fuel mileage was 15-16 mpg, 17 on a good day. Hwy was a totally different story - anywhere from 24-26 depending on how heavy it was loaded.

The most miles we accumulated on any vehicle was the '92 Acclaim we bought new. When I finally had to retire it (leaky heater core), it had 302,500 miles. Other than replacing the 3 speed transmission at 191K (clutches worn out), it just needed normal maintenance - numerous tuneups, oil changes, 5 or 6 sets of tires, shocks, struts, 2-3 mufflers, 6-7 sets of front brakes/rotors, 1 set of rear brakes and I forget what else - maybe a TPS sensor or two. Oh and body work when wife side swiped another vehicle. :pullhair:

Also had a '90 Acclaim (replaced the '92) that had ~240K on it when I sold it, but it had 110K when I bought it for $300. And a '85 LeBaron GTS that had 273K - purchased with only 37K on it.

FWIW - my '06 Ram has 183,500 miles on it (purchased new) and my wife's Journey has ~58K - it's just a baby.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Congratulations, Strat. This makes me feel pretty good about only having 201,000 on my 99 GC now.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
I just rolled over to 990 miles on my car tonight...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I am closing in on 299,000 on my 92 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts