Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all. I have been a "Mopar or no car" for all my life. Well until I bought a '70 VW bug. Currently have a brace of '05 PT GT 'verts, 1 auto, 1 5spd. Also a '04 Ram Quad cab. 1st car was a '65 Dart GT 273 4bbl I got at 16. I poke around sites like PTCruiserlinks & such & also the aircooled societies like ShopTalkForums & TheSamba. The amount of knowledge out there & in here is unfathomable.

With luck I'll be able to get my 5spd back on the road with the info & advice I find here. Darn PCM's anyways.
I'll be seeing you around I'm sure. Thanks to the overseers of the site for giving us Mopar fanatics a place to find the kindred among us.
Philip

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Welcome to Allpar, man. And if you need a PCM for your PT Cruiser, we have a member here named Myckee that will hook you up. He's an awesome human being and will NOT screw you over. Is either PT turbo charged?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Allpar, man. And if you need a PCM for your PT Cruiser, we have a member here named Myckee that will hook you up. He's an awesome human being and will NOT screw you over. Is either PT turbo charged?
Hi Chuzz! Thanks for the welcome. Coming from the VW world I found the PT world to be similar in the "never met a stranger" department. I would have answered sooner but I was buying a 2006 300C with only 53k miles. I hope to have it till I'm forced to go electric.

Both my PT's are the GT turbo. I got one for my wife cuz I liked the looks of the '05 better than the '06 turbo-lite she was driving after I destroyed our 1st 2002 PT Touring at 173k miles in an accident. So in total I've had 4 Pt's. The current pair are over 100k miles & I have been having PCM issues with the red 5spd when ever it gets over 80-85degs out. I'll be definitely checking with Myckee to see if he can help me with a stage 1 setup. I haven't been kind to this 5spd but I bought it by accident as I offered a ridiculous amount to the seller & he accepted. I was going to trade the auto in on the 300C but decided to keep it for a bit & make up my mind which PT to drag race regularly.

Your pic looks like the 1st PT we had, Patriot Blue. Loved that car other than the lack of power for the looks.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Mine was an 03 GT. Loved it, but had to sell it to pay medical bills for my wife. I miss having a PT Cruiser. It was very versatile. And lucky you with that 300C. I love the 300's. They're awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was an 03 GT. Loved it, but had to sell it to pay medical bills for my wife. I miss having a PT Cruiser. It was very versatile. And lucky you with that 300C. I love the 300's. They're awesome.
A 1st year Turbo. Nice! Sorry to hear of your & your wife's troubles. Hopefully all resolved. And I like the :MOPAR" acronym : D

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Well, the wife won't ever be "fixed" as she just went through back surgery #13 at the end of June. She's 11 weeks out now and doing better than before, but doc said 12-18 months for full recovery. Very invasive 3 part surgery over 2 days time. I get to go see him in 2 weeks to see if he can do anything for my back issues. I REALLY don't want to go under the knife again. Having had two brain surgeries 17 years ago was enough for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Chuzz that’s alot to go thru. I hope you don’t have to go thru any more. I’ve been fortunate not to have had anything worse than a tragic lawn aerator accident that busted my front teeth & upper jaw once. And an errant machete blow cutting back blackberries last summer that got me 4 stitches in my knee. I’ll be contacting myckee this week to see about a PCM for my 05 GT manual.
Take care & prayers for you & your wife. & that you get another PT too! I’m going to miss one of the 2 I have but 1 will eventually have to move on.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Just bumps in the road of life, man. I can overcome anything with God on my side. Fortunately for me, HE wants me around for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts