Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to buy another car.
I am looking at the 2008+ Sebring there are a lot of really nice ones for low prices in my area. Any owners care to share thoughts on these vehicle?
It looks like the 2.4 vvt is trouble free as far as I could tell along with the four speed it has. (Ultradrive)? I like the mpg of the 2.4 but have not ruled out the 3.5 as I really like that engine. I drive alot for work so the closer I get to 30 mpg the better. Not sure if the 3.5 is capable of that.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
My elderly Dad has a 2010 Sebring sedan 2.4, 4 sp automatic.

He often comments it's the best car he's ever owned.

They're often owned by folks who care for them.

Thanks
Randy

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
The time has come to buy another car.
I am looking at the 2008+ Sebring there are a lot of really nice ones for low prices in my area. Any owners care to share thoughts on these vehicle?
It looks like the 2.4 vvt is trouble free as far as I could tell along with the four speed it has. (Ultradrive)? I like the mpg of the 2.4 but have not ruled out the 3.5 as I really like that engine. I drive alot for work so the closer I get to 30 mpg the better. Not sure if the 3.5 is capable of that.
If I were you, I'd go for the first gen Chrysler 200 instead. FCA redesigned the suspension and upgraded materials significantly over the Sebring, starting in 2011, and also had the option of the 6-speed auto. This really awakens the 4-cyl and gives better gas mileage. My wife bought a 2012 new, and I liked it so much that I got a used 2011 that's loaded. We get over 31 mpg highway and about 23-24 mpg around town. Almost trouble-free, have only had to replace the alternators, and in my wife's, the throttle body. These cars are very affordable now, you're looking at $5K or so.

Reactions: Panterasr9

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have also looked at the 200 but in my price range they are not in the best shape and Sebrings are mint condition with leather in my range. But if I found a good deal I would definitely buy a 200.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks
Randy
That is awesome to hear thank you for the input. From what I am reading they seem to be very trouble free vehicles. Does he think his sebring is comfortable like the ride and seats? Because that is a big deal to me.

Reactions: GLHS60

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
We had a 2010 Sebring with the 2.4 since new. No issues in 129,000 miles except a crank sensor, which I changed myself.
Other parts changed were brakes, battery, filters, tires and struts. Everything else was original. Got 30 on the highway.
A great, reliable car!
Always hated the haters that never owned one, but babbled on about them online.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
My Dad is fussier than anyone I know about seats and comfort.

Comfort on long drives, they used to drive to SC for the winter.

Too old to drive that far now but still braggs it the best car ever.

Thanks
Randy

That is awesome to hear thank you for the input. From what I am reading they seem to be very trouble free vehicles. Does he think his sebring is comfortable like the ride and seats? Because that is a big deal to me.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I guess my sister has Dads 2010 Sebring sedan now and it's still going strong.

She tends to be a little rough on cars and next time I speak to her I'll get an update.

I would have heard if there were any issues as I talk to my Dad often.

I live 3,000 miles away so won't see it in person any time soon.

My sister and her kids tend to get every drop of life out of her cars.

The pampered life is over for Dads Sebring.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well guys I ended up getting an Avenger not a Sebring same platform and engine though.
Super happy with it! Drove it 2 hours home and it ran like a top. It's an R/T model but with the 2.4 4 cylinder. I do not really know what the difference between a 4 cylinder R/T and a base model performance or suspension wise is but I am certain one of y'all knows. Anyway I now own 3 Dodges so all Dodge family now.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Great, nice car!!

I think the Avenger is nicer looking than the 200.

4 seep or 6 speed automatic??

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

Thanks
Randy
We had a 2010. Pretty bulletproof for the 130K we had it. 2.4 4 speed atx.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great, nice car!!

I think the Avenger is nicer looking than the 200.

4 seep or 6 speed automatic??

Thanks
Randy
4 speed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thought there should be snow in the picture :eek:

Nice looking ride though. Enjoy
Oh lord lol that was nightmare we were without power for 48 hours and it was 9 degrees outside. Hope that never happens again!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was driving the Avenger around and couldn't help but notice how well it handles. It handles like a sports car! I read that the R/T model has a tuned sport suspension and a more performance oriented rack and pinion. Awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts