Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone has gotten an order confirmation email or status update that their car is actually being built?
I stopped in the dealer and my order is currently in a "C" status with a sub-status of "Tentative" and the dealer is at a loss as to why. By both our calculations the car I ordered on 6/16 should be rolling down the line right now or in QA but that is not the case. To date, I have not received any of the confirmation emails for the build.

Does anyone have any updates? Delays? Confirmation emails?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I know there are a few dart forums around, and people are getting emails.

There seems to be options that might be holding a car up at this point.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone has gotten an order confirmation email or status update that their car is actually being built?
I stopped in the dealer and my order is currently in a "C" status with a sub-status of "Tentative" and the dealer is at a loss as to why. By both our calculations the car I ordered on 6/16 should be rolling down the line right now or in QA but that is not the case. To date, I have not received any of the confirmation emails for the build.

What trim/options/color did you get?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Limited
1.4T w/ manual
Maximum Steel (Black cloth interior)
Technology pkg
Sunroof
Alpine setup

The rest is stock
Nice. I ordered the exact same package but in Blue Streak. DaveAdmin and I were speculating in another thread that its the Technology Group that is holding everything up.

Update: Looks like they were concentrating on automatics for a while. I started a new thread with that topic because I thought it might spark more discussion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I ordered the exact same package but in Blue Streak. DaveAdmin and I were speculating in another thread that its the Technology Group that is holding everything up.

Update: Looks like they were concentrating on automatics for a while. I started a new thread with that topic because I thought it might spark more discussion.
Thanks for the update. I was thinking along similar lines actually. (the automatics that is.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered mine early June when orders were opened up. Last notice I received was that it is scheduled to ship tomorrow. Rallye w/1.4, Manual trans, Max Steel Met, Sat Radio, Garmin, Pop Equip Group, Hyper Black Wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered mine early June when orders were opened up. Last notice I received was that it is scheduled to ship tomorrow. Rallye w/1.4, Manual trans, Max Steel Met, Sat Radio, Garmin, Pop Equip Group, Hyper Black Wheels.
Congrats! Hope to hear similar news soon too. Post some pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would assume colors are a big issue too
Dave is the winner of our impromtu speculation contest.

My dealer just called and said he spoke with his chrysler rep and my order is on hold due to issues with the maximum steel paint. He doesn't know what the issue is or the eta to get it resolved so I'm in a holding pattern for now. (along with others that ordered that color paint)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dave is the winner of our impromtu speculation contest.

My dealer just called and said he spoke with his chrysler rep and my order is on hold due to issues with the maximum steel paint. He doesn't know what the issue is or the eta to get it resolved so I'm in a holding pattern for now. (along with others that ordered that color paint)
That's kind of a bummer. I bet that's why mine is held up for so long too.

Would I have ordered a different color in hopes to get my hands on a Dart faster? Probably not. The way I look at it is it just gives me more time to accumulate a down payment and for them to work out any of the kinks in early manufacturing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's kind of a bummer. I bet that's why mine is held up for so long too.

Would I have ordered a different color in hopes to get my hands on a Dart faster? Probably not. The way I look at it is it just gives me more time to accumulate a down payment and for them to work out any of the kinks in early manufacturing.
Can't change the color without cancelling the order I do believe.

Interestingly enough a different dealer in my area is advertising a max steel limited that is close to my setup so I will probably go take a look at that if it's indeed on the lot and not just ordered. It has premium group instead of tech group and no alpine setup so we'll see how much those matter to me once I see the car.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Well MinnesotaKid, I just got an update from my source at Chrysler and it's not a good update.

There are two options on my order that will prevent it from being built until August 13th at the earliest.

1. E7-X9 trim - which I think is either exterior color, interior color or a combination of both - delayed until 8/6
2. RC3 - Alpine 9-speaker audio - delayed until 8/13

Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed; mostly because I've had to go through back channels to find out this information while the dealership seems to be totally in the dark or given bad info. When the ordering was opened up with all those options available, I assumed, wrongly, that meant they were immediately available. If I had known certain options weren't readily available or would result in delays, I may have ordered differently or waited a little longer to sell the car the Dart is replacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got an update from my dealer. Car is in "G" status which means the trim is being applied so it is almost finished. If I am lucky I will have it by the weekend. Depends on how long they keep it at the factory. Rallye, 1.4, Manual trans, Max Steel Met, Hyper Black Wheels, Garmin, Sat Radio, Pop Equip Group.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow. Yes, when ordering a car, it helps to have another car to use.
I do, but she's a mighty gas-guzzling beast. What I meant to say is that I would have held on to my hile-mileage yet fuel efficient Jetta until the Dart was ready.

Of course, my dealer originally said they'd be done "by the end of June", so...yeah.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So none of the dealers in MN actually have a dart on the lot except the demo cars even though they're advertising that they have the Limited. When I go to follow up I hear that "it's in transit".

I could have told them that...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got an update from my dealer. Car is in "G" status which means the trim is being applied so it is almost finished. If I am lucky I will have it by the weekend. Depends on how long they keep it at the factory. Rallye, 1.4, Manual trans, Max Steel Met, Hyper Black Wheels, Garmin, Sat Radio, Pop Equip Group.
Dealer reports that the car has been moved to storage. JS status. I suspect shipping would be the next step if it passed the built ok'd, and the emission check, etc.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I read on one of those "other" Dart blogs that a poster's order had started to be built in Blue Streak. I wonder if the paint issues have been resolved.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts