Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A coworker of mine is having problems with his radio in his 2013 300 V6 changing tuning on him randomly. Happens in both FM and XM bands, but doesn't switch between bands. In XM it will switch stations, but in FM it switches frequencies, usually to a frequency with no station broadcasting on it. The direction it changes in is always down. Car has the 8.4" screen.

Is there a TSB for this, or is there something else that should be looked at?

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
There are 3 TSB's for these. 2 cover a full or partial Amplifier muting concern and one for a missing Headlamp delay off option on the touchscreen menu. I saw nothing for what he is experiencing. The radios can run tests and store fault codes with the dealer scan tool. Possibly just sticking or bumped steering wheel control buttons?

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said he's specifically avoiding where the buttons are to test if that's an issue, still happening. I'm wondering if there's a clockspring issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
u can go to any dealer or even call and they will give u the info about tsbs on that radio problem and it a 2013 they should replace the darn thing.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funtech1369 said:
u can go to any dealer or even call and they will give u the info about tsbs on that radio problem and it a 2013 they should replace the darn thing.
The danger in that is if they can't find anything wrong, they may want to charge for the experience. That's why we're trying to narrow down the problem before it goes in.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Warranty is 3 years or 36K miles. They should not charge at all. We made 3 visits for an erratic fuel gauge before they found the cause (loose ground wire), and they replaced the fuel sending unit and worked on the instrument cluster connector, all for free.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*nod* I'll pass on the word. That should add some peace-of-mind for turning it over.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Absolutely. If you have a new car, don't be afraid of using that warranty. States like NY with big consumer protection laws (like the Lemon law) require that a new car is under an all-encompassing 2 year/18,000 mile warranty, except tires or damage.
The service advisor at the desk may have the up front legally required duty of informing you that there might be a diagnostic fee or minimum charge only if Chrysler doesn't foot the bill, but generally there is no charge to the customer.
If a warranty claim gets kicked back to the dealer, then the dealer either has to amend and re-submit it or eats it.
There should be no charge for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts