Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove down to look at an '08 5 door hatch. My thought was to fix it up, but it's not a feasible repair project. There's not enough in the way of parts I can use on my '05 convertible.

It's a good parts car for someone with the newer version. The doghouse is toast. Frame is bent enough to not be worth fixing. The engine supposedly had $2100 worth of work about 3 months before the wreck. The seller said for sure the head gasket was replaced and probably the timing belt and water pump. Also some sensors were replaced.

It's a Tennessee car and has NO rust underneath that I could see. The doors and rockers are muddy from sitting, but straight and solid. Seats and interior look good but need a good cleaning. Three of the doors are cherry and the drivers door is catching on the fender where it's pushed back. The dip stick was broken on the engine but inside the fill cap looked and smelled good. Transmission also smelled good and not burnt.

It's north of Nashville Tn., about a third of the way to Clarksville.If anybody needs a parts car. I thought about buying it anyway and selling what I don't need, but I just don't have the time. Title to the car is lost so it'll be a bill of sale.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Motor vehicle Measuring instrument

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

I think the engine and transaxle are good as the driver porpoised when he hit a trailer. Lower radiator support is actually straight. Contact if you're interested.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
Man, I grew up in Waverly, TN. If I still lived there, I'd be tempted to look at that and see if I could transplant some of it into another PT. What a waste. One of my older brothers was in boot camp at Ft. Campbell, which is basically part of Clarksville.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I grew up in Waverly, TN. If I still lived there, I'd be tempted to look at that and see if I could transplant some of it into another PT. What a waste. One of my older brothers was in boot camp at Ft. Campbell, which is basically part of Clarksville.

It's definitely a righteous car. Due to electrical issues, I couldn't open the hatch but the doors all moved smoothly and had a nice THUNK when you shut them with the exception of where the L.F. fender is shoved back. The seats need a good cleaning but aren't badly worn. Too bad they won't fit my ragtop. Power too, which I don't have.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
Are you positive that the seats won't fit your vert? What's the difference? I thought they were all pretty much the same configuration.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you positive that the seats won't fit your vert? What's the difference? I thought they were all pretty much the same configuration.

They will bolt in and I have the harness under my seats to plug into them. The seat frame is the issue. On the 5 door, the seat back will adjust but on the convertible they fold forward to allow passengers to get in the back. The back seats are narrower to allow for the top mechanism than on the 5 door..

I used to run a salvage yard so I look at things like that.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, you're like Paul Harvey. And now we know the rest of the story! LOL

When I ran a salvage yard, I made sure the customer got the right part. The biggest problem was getting people to tell me what they had. I remember once I asked the woman if she had a 4 door sedan or hardtop. Did it have a frame around the window or not? She assured me she had a 4 door hardtop. I packed a right rear door for a 1970 Ford LTD 4 door hardtop about 50 yards. She had a sedan. "The roof is hard!". Complete doors are rather heavy, especially when you pack it by hand for 50 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts