Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has ever seen an example of someone installing Magnum-era EFI on to an LA block. There are some intake manifolds that somewhat resemble carbureted manifolds for the air intake, but have holes for fuel injectors, and it made me wonder, if those are capable of bolting to LA heads (thus leaving the LA head oiling system intact on LA blocks) then what else, on the engine itself, would be necessary? There's obviously some kind of position sensor, and possibly a knock sensor or two, a throttle position sensor, possibly a MAF sensor as part of the throttle body, a distributor meant for EFI, and some other changes, plus things like oxygen sensors.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just curious, given the similarities between the LA and Magnum blocks. Of course, if it had been so simple then there would have been a lot of this kind of swap already.

There were a few Magnum engines paired to three-speed transmissions- the '97 Ram Van 2500 I drove at work was a 318 three speed. One of those might make for a good donor given how cheap vans sell for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.