Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have put the entire system from a 92 magnum truck into my 80 model crew cab w/a 440. did this 2 years ago when I had the body off. Am using the throttle body from the 92 and all of the sensors. Did do this knowing that I might have issues with some items.
1. Fuel system-added a frame mounted fuel pump. removed the stock fuel
pressure regulator (only 32psi) and added an adjustable regulator w/vacumn
assist. stock injectors did not help w/required fuel quanitys as needed by
the o2 sensor. So I found out that 460 ford injectors would fit and rated at
24 lbs per hr, vs 19 lbs per hr stk. jacked the pressure up to get a much
shorter pulse width on the injectors.
2. Had to add o2 sensor. Stock truck manifolds-big block. Just one added ffor
the stock wiring harness. Much later I added a wide band o2 senser to the drivers
side. FAST unit to get an actual reading.
3.Mind you---I used everything from the 92 doner truck w/5.2 engine. Had to lengthen
the wiring harness to fit all the big block stuff.
4. Used the late model 5.2 dist too. had to lengthen the shaft to use it. also added the
spacer that was for putting a 440 dist. in a 383. It helped the housing clear the corner
of the cylinder head.
5. I have been using a 518 trans (46RH) behind the 440 for over 15 years. so it was easier
to make the bracket for the crank senser. Still a pain to change!!!!
6. Even made a bracket to put the modified late model Sanden A/C compressor
on the 440. uses a V belt instead of a serptine belt.
7. With this swap I still can use a OBD1 scan tool on the truck just as a 92 model.
8. The biggest problem is getting help on redoing the EEPROM in the SBEC computer.
All the big companies don't want to help with the computer as its too old!!??? or
they want all the easy stuff to work on. I would like to get some help and info on the OBD 1
EEPROM's. Such as the directory to find out where things are at.
OK ---enough for now. I will help as I can. I'm not on here everyday,but I do check in at least twice a week.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.