Allpar Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
. . . What's this O ring for on the rear main seals package for the 01 dakota 3.9 AT 2wd? . . .
To replace the 2 piece rear crankshaft seal (upper and lower halves) you remove the rear bearing cap. To remove the rear bearing cap you must remove the oil pump. Some of the oil pumps on the older 3.9 V6 engines appear to have a flange mounting for the oil pump pickup tube which must be removed. This smaller O ring is the pickup tube seal between the tube and pump housing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its been slow here at the dealer so lets try something. Ask me any technical you'd like.A little background about me, i started with chrysler back in 2005 when i graduated highschool. I went through the CAP program and have been working as a chrysler tech ever since. Im master certified with almost 16yr of dealer experience at this point. I am fully certified in everything including viper certified. The only area i am not well versed in is diesel. Never worked on them. Every shop ive been at has always had a diesel specific tech. Also they suck to work on so ive never been interested. Ive worked at a few shops over the years as ive moved around the country. Every shop ive been to i have been ranked in the top 3 atleast if not number one. Not to toot my own horn but i am very good at my job, better than most. That being said, ask me any question you have from electrical to engine, differential, alignments and ny inspetions. Im familiar with all chrysler products since my training began in 2005. Iam some what familiar with about 2000 and up vehicles, but more so with newer vehicles. Particularly weird electrical stuff from the last decade or so. Feel free to dm if you dont want your answers public.
Hi sir! I have a 2007 Aspen 4.7 Flex Fuel. My trouble is with the anti-theft system. It is intermittent, the vehicle will not start, the engine will not "turnover" at all its not the battery, everything lights up, dings, radio works, etc. I've noticed when this happens the red dot will stay on (which I've learned is the anti-theft system), I had it at the dealership for 1 month, they first said it was the ignition switch which I pleaded with them that was not the case as I replaced that about a year ago, since then it starts for them every time. I thought maybe the key needed to be replaced, but it happens with both keys, I'm thinking that is highly unlikely. Since I have had it back (02/03/2021) it has started every time. But I am sure I will experience this again at the most un-opportune time, I would like to have some ammunition when I take it back to the dealer or my personal mechanic. Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A time ago we had a discussion on 5.7 related engine problems. The early Hemi's, 03-08 have had a reported problem of "valve seat fallout". What's your take on this and how concerned should peolpe be if they have an vehicle within that span of years???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its been slow here at the dealer so lets try something. Ask me any technical you'd like.A little background about me, i started with chrysler back in 2005 when i graduated highschool. I went through the CAP program and have been working as a chrysler tech ever since. Im master certified with almost 16yr of dealer experience at this point. I am fully certified in everything including viper certified. The only area i am not well versed in is diesel. Never worked on them. Every shop ive been at has always had a diesel specific tech. Also they suck to work on so ive never been interested. Ive worked at a few shops over the years as ive moved around the country. Every shop ive been to i have been ranked in the top 3 atleast if not number one. Not to toot my own horn but i am very good at my job, better than most. That being said, ask me any question you have from electrical to engine, differential, alignments and ny inspetions. Im familiar with all chrysler products since my training began in 2005. Iam some what familiar with about 2000 and up vehicles, but more so with newer vehicles. Particularly weird electrical stuff from the last decade or so. Feel free to dm if you dont want your answers public.
Hi Folks:
I have an '09' dually deisel with the clunky navigation/stereo/satellite system and want to replace it with something aftermarket. My question is --- Is the satellite receiver a separate unit from the navigation unit? All the aftermarket stuff that I have seen has the satellite unit as a separate purchase.

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
Hi Folks:
I have an '09' dually deisel with the clunky navigation/stereo/satellite system and want to replace it with something aftermarket. My question is --- Is the satellite receiver a separate unit from the navigation unit? All the aftermarket stuff that I have seen has the satellite unit as a separate purchase.
Satellite receive is built into the factory radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a couple for you. 2006 Liberty 3.7 with random miss fire code. In the past 2 years i have changed plugs, coils, injectors, crank and cam sensors. It drives great for awhile then i get the code again. Sometimes it runs so bad it won't go over 2k rpm like the computer is shutting of the fuel or fire. After i shut it off for an hour or so it runs fine for a random amount of time then starts all this over again. Also seems worse in the winter. Seasonal gas formulation maybe? I'm out of ideas for it.
The other is a 2010 sebring 2.4. Had a bad crankshaft code so i replaced it, cleared the code and it came back in about 2 blocks and lost power. Plug on sensor and wiring look good. Im stumped on this one too. I appreciate your input on these.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts