Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 2013 New Car Sales Expected to Be Up 14.4 Percent According to TrueCar; August 2013 SAAR at 15.75M, Highest August SAAR

Individual Manufacturer highlights:

o General Motors is enjoying its highest sales since Sept. 2008
o Honda's sales are its highest since August 2009
o Chrysler enjoyed its second highest sales month this year

"New vehicle sales defied their typical strong correlation with Wall Street in
August and continued to post a healthy increase despite the lackluster
performance in financial markets," said Jesse Toprak, senior analyst for
TrueCar.com. "Small SUVs became the fastest growing segment this month, with
this very functional and affordable vehicle category now making up 15.5% of
all sales, up from 13.5% from a year ago."

http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2013-08-28/a7uFzWl9JSEg.html

Chrysler needs to get into the hot crossover market in a stronger way but still had a good month with sales up over 20% according to TrueCar.. The Cherokee can't get here soon enough while ComPatriot, Durango and Journey need to pick up the pace.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Aug is definitely my best "new " car month in almost 10 years as of today I have 27 new cars sales(16 is my average). our store will break triple digits this month best since 06

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations, that is a phenomenal month and I'm certain that took much skill and commitment. I hope your dealer appreciates it.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
August was a good month everywhere, from what I've heard. Not just new cars, either - used sales went up drastically too. I frankly don't understand it, but who's complaining? :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Aug is definitely my best "new " car month in almost 10 years as of today I have 27 new cars sales(16 is my average). our store will break triple digits this month best since 06
Congrats! thats awesome! Just out of curiousity, how many of those sales were 60 month terms or longer on the loans?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
SUNBURNTsnype said:
Congrats! thats awesome! Just out of curiousity, how many of those sales were 60 month terms or longer on the loans?
Over 60% were leased. Only 2 were cash deals. The rest were financed for more than 60 mos. 72mos has become the new 60. Intrest rates are at an all time low...so those with good credit can obtain great rates(as low as 1.9% x72) so you are seeing less concern about shorter terms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts