Allpar Forums banner

Auto Door Lock Failure

1828 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jaygreg
2000 Concorde LXi auto door lock that locks all four doors stopped workiing. The driver's side button locks all doors but won't open them.

While making a repair that required the removal of the actuator, I left the power connected for half of the job. When reassembling, I used a small wooden block on each side of the main wire of the connector to the actuator inorder to assure a snug fit. In the process, could I have shorted or jarred something? I don't know the role that actuator plays in locking all doors at once. Could a fuse be a simple root cause?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,344 Posts
This happened to me once, and I found that disconnecting the battery for several minutes and reconnecting it caused it to reset and work.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Bob... looks like I have a similar story. After posting here I had to run an errand and low and behold... evrything works perfectly again. In essense, the car was shut off when I discovered the problem then reported it here. Time passed and I restarted the car. Bingo! I'm back in business... with a few scraped knuckles from twisting around inside my front door unexpectedly. I'm still surprised everything went as smoothly as it did.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.