Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the auto show circuit upcoming, any guesses as to what we'll see and when?

ComPatriot replacement...

Dart variants (hatch or wagon)...

Surprise concepts?

etc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm curious what we'll see at the Texas State Fair in September...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Thumper said:
I'm curious what we'll see at the Texas State Fair in September...
Something truck related.

Mike

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
I think a special edition Ram R/T with the 6.4 is not far off.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me at all to see 6.4 become an option on all 1500 models. Might be a low volume thing but would match Chevy's offerings.

·
Administrator
35,242 Posts
Texas would be the place for pickups, all right.

Here's what we know is coming over the next year or two:

1) New 200
2) Compatriot (mini-Cherokee, four-cyl only)
3) LX cars (throughout 2014, starting with Challenger in midyear -- Chicago or NY?)
4) Minivans / large CUV (coming very end of 2014?)
5) ProMaster City
6) Ram 50/Dakota replacement (Euro ton pickup) — in my opinion, coming midyear
7) Maybe Daily — could be Iveco, could be Ram, could be it won't show at all
8) New Journey
9) Jeep B-SUV (primary engineering in India) Note: left out of original list. Added later.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dave said:

1) New 200
3) LX cars (throughout 2014, starting with Challenger in midyear -- Chicago or NY?)
5) ProMaster City
8) New Journey
2) I thought they still had two vehicles set up to replace the Compass/Patriot lineup, one B size and the other C sized. I'm interested to see when either shows up. Perhaps in Detroit 2014?
6) This sounds interesting, I wasn't expecting a Dakota replacement from Ram (although to be fair I wasn't researching Euro ton trucks either).

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Dave said:

1) New 200
5) ProMaster City
8) New Journey
Interesting I thought Chrysler gave up on the Dakota replacement.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Dave said:

1) New 200
5) ProMaster City
8) New Journey
9) Jeep B-SUV (primary engineering in India) Note: left out of original list. Added later.
But isn't the Challenger "just" catching up to the updated 300 and Charger in 2014? Room for the 8 speed, room for wider tires for the Hellcat, new interior, etc. Given that the new 300/Charger came out in early 2011 I don't expect major updates until 2016. Or has anything been confirmed yet?

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
IF the most recent Five Year Plans are still accurate:

*B-Jeep and 500X
*200 sedan
*ProMaster CIty
*Refreshed Challenger in New York (Charger coming mid-2014 and 300 coming late 2014)

The new Patriot and Town and Country don't start production until 2015, so don't expect to see them until late 2014 at the earliest. Grand Wagoneer and Chrysler 100 are both slated to enter to production in 2015 as well, if they have not be cancelled or postponed. Journey and the Dakota replacement aren't expected until 2016.

hmk123 said:
But isn't the Challenger "just" catching up to the updated 300 and Charger in 2014? Room for the 8 speed, room for wider tires for the Hellcat, new interior, etc. Given that the new 300/Charger came out in early 2011 I don't expect major updates until 2016. Or has anything been confirmed yet?
Mid-cycle refreshes.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
That makes sense. Thanks! Assume everything will get the 8 speed in the LX cars. Wonder if there are any updates to the 5.7L HEMI...

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
hmk123 said:
That makes sense. Thanks! Assume everything will get the 8 speed in the LX cars. Wonder if there are any updates to the 5.7L HEMI...
More interesting will be if the models see the V6 turbo....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mike V. said:
Something truck related.

Mike
:D

If I was a betting man I would say a diesel 1500...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
TripleT said:
More interesting will be if the models see the V6 turbo....
Which probably has easily as much output as the current HEMI. So no more V8s in the LXs other than the SRT8s (and maybe the Challenger R/T)? V6 Turbo would also make for a nice 200 SRT6 :)

·
Administrator
35,242 Posts
But isn't the Challenger "just" catching up to the updated 300 and Charger in 2014?
Is there a point to that sentence? Are you suggesting the Challenger isn't a new launch?

Regarding the list I posted, that includes 2015 models. It's for all of calendar years 2013-2014. Trying to be inclusive since we don't know the timetable. Patriot and Compass are slated to end during 2014. All the new LX cars will be 2015s unless there's a delay to 2016 for one of 'em. Minivans are 2015 model year, I think, that could be wrong. I am pretty sure they are doing well on minivan redesign.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Dave said:
But isn't the Challenger "just" catching up to the updated 300 and Charger in 2014?
Is there a point to that sentence? Are you suggesting the Challenger isn't a new launch?
Well, not sure if it was from MrSource but at some point there was talk of major changes like a different suspension, etc. But I don't think that is coming in 2014 yet, right?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dave said:

Regarding the list I posted, that includes 2015 models. It's for all of calendar years 2013-2014. Trying to be inclusive since we don't know the timetable. Patriot and Compass are slated to end during 2014. All the new LX cars will be 2015s unless there's a delay to 2016 for one of 'em. Minivans are 2015 model year, I think, that could be wrong. I am pretty sure they are doing well on minivan redesign.
New minivan starts production in about 15 months from now. Unless there is a delay.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
hmk123 said:
Which probably has easily as much output as the current HEMI. So no more V8s in the LXs other than the SRT8s (and maybe the Challenger R/T)? V6 Turbo would also make for a nice 200 SRT6 :)
I hope the leave the V8 as a option because there in nothing like it. Low end torque lovely exhaust note.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TripleT said:
I hope the leave the V8 as a option because there in nothing like it. Low end torque lovely exhaust note.
Lovely exhaust notes do not replace CAFE requirements.

That said, I've worked with Gale Banks to make my V6 less ricer and more throaty. ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts