Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through September 30, 2009. The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 42 successful repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is better than average. But the sample size is now below the minimum, so this result is less precise than earlier results.

A big thank you to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Dodge Avenger reliability comparisons

Joined up with the two dodges we own 2004 ram 1500 and 2008 avenger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2008 Avenger is included, and has had 0 trips to the repair shop, no problems at all in 25K miles. :)

Just oil changes, tire rotation, etc., basic maintainance only, no repairs.

My 2010 Jeep Liberty already needed 1 repair (minor)...blew a fuse! :p

JS

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.

We don't include problems fixed simply by replacing a fuse in the repair stats. The question, of course, is whether there's an underlying problem.

Updated stats soon. As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car Reliability Survey results

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 44 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is better than average.

A big thank you to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

S

·
0 Posts
I own a 2008 Dodge Advenger. I bought it on jan 28 2008. It currently has over 83,000 miles on it. To date it has had no problems with it. I am happy with my car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Recently enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record for cars 2000 MY and newer.

Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May for the 2008 Avenger and Sebring. This will be a partial result unless we get three more responses soon. Additional participants remain needed to include other model years--the 2007 Sebring is close.

Car reliability research

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 45 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average and very close to "better than average."

A big thank you to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Updated stats in about a week. I'd like to cover more model years of these cars, only a matter of getting more owners involved.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 43 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average and very close to "better than average."

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 60 repair trips per 100 cars per year.

We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Dodge Avenger reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2010 Avenger has 21,000 plus on it and it has not been in the shop expect for oil changes. I have owned many Chrysler products and all have been reliable.

Many people have no clue when it comes to accurately defining the difference between a repair and maintenance. In addition,they fail to consider other factors such as the way they drive or things like brake noise that may be a warning of pads that are worn. As a result, they put down repairs that were clearly lack of proper maintenance or poor driving habits.

If you mention CR magazine, watch out. They are extremely biased against Chrysler products. Their surveys are totally useless in getting a clear picture of reliability especially since they don't factor in people driving habits or as stated above the way people expect their cars to go 100,000 without maintenance. I have seen many foreign cars who required plenty of repairs before 100,000 miles..

Just my 2 cents
John

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We've updated the results for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 63 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

I'd also like to add the new 200--just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
We've updated our car reliability stats for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 79 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average. This is based on a small sample size.

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Avenger and Sebring (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 82 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chrysler Sebring reliability ratings and comparisons

Same stat on both pages.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 56 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

We'll have further updates later this month and in August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 47 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

We'll have further updates in late November and February. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved.

·
Registered
695 Posts
We've updated the our reliability stats for the Avenger and Sebring to include owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

The reported repair rate for the 2008 is 47 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

We'll have further updates in late November and February. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years--just a matter of getting more owners involved.

Sorry, Mike

I read your nonsensical review of the Dart - i.e. "praising it" with unwarranted harsh criticism, And while you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I was puzzled by the kind of things you based your opinion on. How's your wobble doing?

I have a brand new Avenger and would love to share info, but I'd be danged if I participated in any site you ran.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My "wobble" is naturally produced by calling them as I see them, simple as that.

I wouldn't participate in any survey or read any reviews written by people who'd be swayed by posts like yours. Would you?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts