Allpar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
This looks like a powertrain mule. The grille is finished, but the lights are not.

Nobody should jump to conclusions about styling.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Interesting. The same platform as the 500L.

Those appear to be Michigan plates...

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Dan Minick said:
One can almost make out the 7slot grille. Yep, probably it. Correct platform/mule. This is theoretically replacing the Patriot in the lineup (if one looks at pricing pecking order). I'm assuming this will be launched BEFORE the Compass replacement now.
In one of the pics the seven slot grille is very clear.

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
This looks like a powertrain mule. The grille is finished, but the lights are not.

Or...jumping to conclusion...the lights may be exactly like the bug eyed rendering shown in the other thread. ;)
There does appear to be a seven slot grill behind the cladding.

Time of course, will tell.
Platform AND Architecture could be a minor departure with reliance again upon electronic traction controls, as the new Jeep mantra.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:

Agree 100%

Mike

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Or...jumping to conclusion...the lights may be exactly like the bug eyed rendering shown in the other thread. ;)
There does appear to be a seven slot grill behind the cladding.

Time of course, will tell.
Platform AND Architecture could be a minor departure with reliance again upon electronic traction controls, as the new Jeep mantra.
Norm:

Those are the standard 500L lights. Just like the Dart and KL mules used the Giulietta's lights.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Norm:

Those are the standard 500L lights. Just like the Dart and KL mules used the Giulietta's lights.
Was my humor missed?
I suppose I should have linked the rendering from the other post. ;)

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Those headlights don't look the same to me...

Reactions: Paul J. Reed

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
patfromigh said:
I think it's a powertrain mule. Wasn't the B Jeep's development supposed to be done in India?
Engineering yes,

Powertrain and dynamics development? Probably not.

I had been told that the B Jeeps were running around on cut up 500L's. Aparently the body is just like the Dart and 200 and KL mules. Dont trust what you see :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Ok maybe its just the angle of the photo but the passenger side light is definitely a MiTo but the drivers side looks different like a standard 500 maybe?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Dan Minick said:
One can almost make out the 7slot grille. Yep, probably it. Correct platform/mule. This is theoretically replacing the Patriot in the lineup (if one looks at pricing pecking order). I'm assuming this will be launched BEFORE the Compass replacement now.
Weren't Patriot/Compass supposed to be replaced by one Crossover?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
billfrombuckhead said:
I'll jump to a conclusion. The upright grille makes me think it will trend toward boxiness. Haven't they said it will favor the Wrangler?
That is the rumor yes.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.