Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '90 Turbo Spirit. Seemed to be a case of bad gas that I bought at a discount station. I drained the tank and refilled with fresh gas at the station I usually use. The problem eventually disappeared. Just some anecdotal information. I've got a 2002 T&C with 80,000+ miles. It's been to Tampa and back around 10 times (from Arlington, VA), and also a few trips to Michigan without any trouble. Great highway vehicle. Last year it began cutting out on me once it warmed up. It would restart and then quit until it cooled down. Then it would start up and run for 10 minutes and cut out again. This kind of symptom made me think of a bad PCM. Rather than spend hundreds for a dealer to troubleshoot and then screw me on parts, I decided to take a chance and throw a part at it and see what happened. I bought a remanufactured PCM unit off the Internet for $150 with a one year warranty. I was lucky. Now the van runs better than ever and has a smoother idle. The supplier said that their remanufactured PCMs have all the latest upgrades and were actually gone over and tested to gurantee quality and performance. He claimed that they were better than OEM. Sure beats the $600 that the dealer wanted. I'm thinking of buying a new 2013 (at my age I could really use Stow an' Go) but it's a hard decision when the old van is running so well with 80,000 miles.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.