Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Dave, just curious: did your insider say that the name Cuda has been dropped, or that the DODGE will be called Avenger?
Supposedly, the 4-dr sister to the Alfa Giulia will be a Dodge (Avenger apparently, thank God fr common sense), but the 2-dr sister to the Alfa 6c is the one that was tentatively goin to be called Cuda, however it wasn't a Dodge, but an SRT.

So, saying that the Dodge won't be called Cuda is true, but it never was going to anyways ;)

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,778 Posts
I was told that ’Cuda name has been dropped.

They might still be doing an SRT two door with a different name from the Dodge four door. I don't know. It would be interesting to have a separate SRT body, that would do more to split off SRT as a real brand than anything else... and I don't see big sales for a four door Dodge.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
You mean two door dodge?

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,246 Posts
Red-JK said:
I'm glad to see them keeping the Avenger label. It's a great name and brings continuity to the line.
Chrysler needs continuity in names, I would like to see the name reach its full potential.

·
Premium Member
20,265 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
Chrysler needs continuity in names, I would like to see the name reach its full potential.
I definitely agree. If this is true, they can advertise all new, better, faster, more efficient, everything compared to the old and competition in all honesty, not just hype. Change the name and they have to start over.

And Dave, having a two door Dodge is fine and dandy, but there still need to be be ones available for us lowly folks and ******** and cool people, not just the high end SRT owners. SRT is great and everything, but if moving upscale involves just SRT vehicles, it isn't going to work. If supposedly two door cars don't sell, how is it more expensive two door cars are OK?

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,778 Posts
Two door cars in the mass market don't sell well. In the niche market, they sell better as a proportion because people with enough money for cars as toys will have a Suburban and S-Class ready for normal driving.

·
Premium Member
20,265 Posts
Dave said:
Two door cars in the mass market don't sell well. In the niche market, they sell better as a proportion because people with enough money for cars as toys will have a Suburban and S-Class ready for normal driving.
And SRT isn't a niche market?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,073 Posts
if it can look like this (only obviously more modern) then I'm in. I have been photoshopping one on & off, but I cannot figure out the nose for the life of me.

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
suzq044 said:
if it can look like this (only obviously more modern) then I'm in. I have been photoshopping one on & off, but I cannot figure out the nose for the life of me.

It definately might be a smaller car than this one. Plus since the current Avenger is in NHRA there would need to be a body style to be approved so the Pro Stock car looks like the production version & still be competitive on the track.

·
Registered
161 Posts
White Hot Charger said:
A 2 door version labeled as the Barracuda (or a name change to shy away from using a Plymouth name on a different brand like Dodge or SRT) could be built to compete with the average Corvette. Viper has the upper end Corvette covered but the Corvette for the general masses goes unchallenged by any current Mopar.
That would be great, especially if they keep it significantly cheaper than the 51k base price of the new Vette.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Dave said:
Then we ought to turn the mass market car buying world on its collective ear by selling a OneDoor model similar to this :

... or not. Claiming 'One Door' would get some attention. Of course, ingress and egress during rain or snow might be a little 'Dodgey' :)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
suzq044 said:

Frankly, I think a more aero look ( yeah, I think it can be more aero clean ) would be a worth a shot. All the following is a 'maybe consider' -

Remove the license plate; Close up the cavity up front down low, and put a set of intakes in the hood like the Viper (not a direct copy, mind you), right behind where you'd sense the radiator should sit. Turn the now closed low grill opening into an air dam with a little forward jutting 2-inch horizontal 'Lip' at the bottom. Remove the windshield wipers. Remove the outside Rearview mirrors; it's 2014 - they could be replaced by rear facing camera mounted in the C pillars, with a 5" screen on the dash in front of the driver. Maybe add an aero-looking 6" visor above the rear window.

Smooth the headlights into the bumper-to-fender arc.

And possibly - just for a kick - try rear-wheel skirts ... but make them look better than this :

·
Registered
749 Posts
Dave said:
Many years ago, after some unpleasant financial experiences, I decided never again to trust anyone who drove a two-door Cadillac or two-door Lincoln with my money. That has served me well for fifty-five years.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts