Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
neither, those are the rumors (claiming that they broke the story?..hah) combined with comments manipulated that they confirmed this in 2012. Unless I missed something big i havent read any official announcement that the barricuda was going to be made.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Only one press conference for Chrysler and that is for jeep. I dont think they will introduce the Chrysler 200 in Detroit or any dodge vehicles.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more I think on it I believe a reading comprehension problem on my end. Didn't Barracuda rumors begin at Detroit NAIAS last year?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
John Rogers said:
The more I think on it I believe a reading comprehension problem on my end. Didn't Barracuda rumors begin at Detroit NAIAS last year?
Barracuda rumors began in that video last year where Ralph was standing in front of a sporty 4 door concept. A few weeks later a Chrysler spokesperson dropped the Barracuda name in the same sentence as the 6.2 Turbo Hemi and since then, speculation has been rampant and wild...and mostly in error. ;)

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Barracuda rumors began in that video last year where Ralph was standing in front of a sporty 4 door concept. A few weeks later a Chrysler spokesperson dropped the Barracuda name in the same sentence as the 6.2 Turbo Hemi and since then, speculation has been rampant and wild...and mostly in error. ;)
Turbo 6.2??

I think you meant to say Supercharged 6.2 ;)

Danno

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I read the article. Whenever I read reporting (journalism and reporting are two very different things), I get a vibe about its authenticity. I didn't get that warm fuzzy reading this. It sounded like somebody had a word count to fill, and had to get something down quickly and didn't have time to do things correctly.

Reporting is what the nightly news (et al)does.

Journalism is what Frontline does (EDIT: AND ALLPAR).

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Dan
It was that spinning thingy... ;)

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Dan
It was that spinning thingy... ;)
:lol:

Well I just wanted to make sure the Barracuda rumors didn't get any MORE derailed than they already are! hhahaha

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Danno said:
:lol:

Well I just wanted to make sure the Barracuda rumors didn't get any MORE derailed than they already are! hhahaha
I spent too much time in the Magnuson booth at SEMA...must have blocked it out with chocolate pie yesterday ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well...nothing new at the Detroit show, as you all predicted.
Supposedly it came up at one of the press conferences with the Fiat/Chrysler honchos. Does anyone know the specifics about what was said?

I'm still trying to keep the miles off of the blue oval to protect the trade-in value. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks, Dave! I'll take a look!

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
1. LA

2. SC

3. 15MY

4. 14CY

5. LC ATB ?

Set DeCode Ring to ON.

TMD

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
1. LA

2. SC

3. 15MY

4. 14CY

5. LC ATB ?

Set DeCode Ring to ON.

TMD
LA platform, supercharged 2015 model year, out 2014 calendar year. Not sure on the last one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My guess: Supercharged Challenger coming in 2014 as a 2015.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts