Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I need the POSITIVE battery cable from the following cars/vans that have either the 2.2 OR 2.5 four cylinder. There is NO replacement cable available!! I MUST have a good, reasonable good used OE cable from any of the following:

Daytona
Dakota
Shadow
Spirit
Dynasty
Caravan
Voyager

Once again, the positive cable MUST come from a vehicle with a 2.5 four cylinder or a 2.2 turbo. Will pay dearly for a complete cable, cost of part, PLUS your time and postage to send to me. Am disabled and cannot do this stuff anymore. Please help. Thanks, Mopar Fans!

·
Registered
938 Posts
I ended up having to build my own for my project. I needed a cable for a 1991 2.5L turbo Shadow when the one I picked up at the junk yard had a bad battery terminal. Since I abhor clamp on terminals I took a nice 4 ga cable and went down into the bundle and lapped it over and wrapped it with some smaller copper wire, twisted it tight and used a torch to heat the wire and infuse solder into it. Once it was completely soldered I wrapped it with friction tape like the older Chrysler splices were done.
DSCN2711.jpg DSCN2712.jpg DSCN2717.jpg DSCN2719.jpg

Reactions: DC-93

·
Registered
938 Posts
You are quite welcome. Good luck with it. On your other item, looking for a 2.2L still in the car, I wish I had known sooner, when I took my convertible over to the shop that replaced the floors, the dead 2.2L short block and transaxle went with it to be added to his scrap pile (he owns a a towing company, shop and junkyard, the latter being one of the biggest in the area). It came back minus that and the broken windshield.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,096 Posts
If you are anywhere near a West Marine or a good marine shop they can make up any size and gauge cable you want with properly crimped on terminals, to which you can bolt on good marine style battery clamps. I fixed the crummy clamps on our old Jeep ZJ just this way years back and have not had any trouble with them since.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello. I had heard recently that a marine shop could make up a cable. I'll check into it. Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Laredo, 2017 Jeep Wrangler
1,096 Posts
There is also a website (think its called genuinedealz) where they can make up cables to order, if you don't have marine shops nearby.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. They certainly can make any cable. I wanted OE because there are special resistors for the smaller terminals on the starter solenoid. They are there to prevent overload, which could cause a fire! If I could get about 6 inches of an old cable with these connectors, I can make up a cable or get one made.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I never thought about trying a marine shop and I live right near a big one and there are a number here (water on both sides, Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean).

I have never seen any resistors at the starter solenoid, there is a molded two terminal connector that is part of the transmission section. I believe I have at least one good section with that, maybe 2 or 3. I can dig through my extra pieces and see what I have.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FOUND!! Thanks to All for assistance and suggestions. GO MOPAR!!

Reactions: DC-93
1 - 10 of 10 Posts