Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I found why my car is a little slow on start up...

I my opinion, this is much harder to remove then 1&2 gen....

The good news, the cleaning fixed it! Still way too much tools needed to remove the battery.

1. 15mm socket
2. 13mm socket
3. 7mm socket
4. 10mm socket
5. 13mm open wrench
6. Flat blade screw driver
7. Lug nut Socket
8. Jack

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,675 Posts
Ugh! That's not good! Guess I should take a peak at mine sometime. That is one thing I do not like about the Journey's. The battery is hidden out of sight. On my Ram it's up in plain sight.

And don't forget battery cleaner. It cleans and neutralizes any acid. Turns purple where it finds acid. Available at Advance or AutoZone.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm thankful that you can remove a JA's Battery without actually having to remove the Tire; just spin the Steering Wheel to the RH Lock, and the Battery should be able to wiggle through the gap!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
digitalrailroader said:
I'm thankful that you can remove a JA's Battery without actually having to remove the Tire; just spin the Steering Wheel to the RH Lock, and the Battery should be able to wiggle through the gap!
I was able to do that with my 97' Cirrus and my 02' Sebring Vert...but the 2008 has 18" wheels, so there just is not enough room..

On another note, the battery took a poop, so I just replaced...fun!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Jaime said:
I was able to do that with my 97' Cirrus and my 02' Sebring Vert...but the 2008 has 18" wheels, so there just is not enough room..

On another note, the battery took a poop, so I just replaced...fun!
well, from the picture you gave us, it was that battery's time to go. batteries usually only last 4-5 years, unless its a rental; where they leave the trunk open all the time and Considerably shorten a Battery's Life.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,675 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
The OEM battery on my '98 Stratus lasted 10 years...
My '06 Ram's battery was 7 years old when I replaced it just last month. With winter upon us I didn't feel confident of it lasting another winter - didn't want to take the chance of getting stranded.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Cirrus battery was 8yrs old

1 - 8 of 8 Posts