Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler Communications said:
Join the Chrysler Digital Media team for “Behind the Wheel,” a live broadcast featuring an in-depth look of the Jeep Cherokee on Monday, June 24 at 6 p.m. ET. This episode of the series will give audiences an in-depth look at the revolutionary design of the Cherokee, prior to its launch.

Assistant Chief Engineer of Driveline Rich Silbert will answer questions regarding the Jeep Cherokee’s class-leading 4x4 capability and powertrain. Submit questions in real time through Twitter using #ChryslerLive or join the conversation at the Chrysler Communications Livestream channel and watch the episode at http://www.livestream.com/chryslercommunications .
I can only imagine the dunderheaded questions they'll end up with - would be nice if perhaps we could get some Allpar folks with serious questions to get in the queue and participate.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Paging Aldo and Norm :)

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Assistant Chief Engineer of Driveline Rich Silbert will answer questions regarding the Jeep Cherokee’s class-leading 4x4 capability and powertrain.

Shouldn't he be working to solve the driveline overheating issues?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
He's the Assistant Chief Engineer. I'm sure the actual Chief Engineer is on it. ;)
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
I would like to think we have more than two folks that could come up with decent questions...
Likely dozens, but probably not with the same..... gusto? :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes...that was my question he "addressed" regarding suspension travel and articulation. Boy....I felt bad...the guy genuinely looked uncomfortable up there.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I can't watch the live and I missed unclejjg's question... Will there be a transcript available here after the fact?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I also tried to ask a question about whether or not the Cherokee made the whole Rubicon trail or if it bypassed some areas....but the moderator called it back halfway through the host reading the question.

Tomguy said:
I can't watch the live and I missed unclejjg's question... Will there be a transcript available here after the fact?
There was NOTHING said that couldn't be read two months ago. He described the differences between the three 4wd systems, mentioned the benefit of the 9 speed, mentioned the low range reduction numbers, spent a lot of time on the rear disconnect for efficiency, compared the engines, and made a point of bringing up the industry leading offroad capability which centered around the locking rear diff and the advanced 4wd system.

·
2,570 Posts
I wonder what types of questions they were expecting.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
RVC said:
Paging Aldo and Norm :)
I was taking my parents out for their 65th wedding anniversary. ;)
Besides, I have no reason to place a lamb on the sacrificial alter. The poor guy is just trying to make a living.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I was taking my parents out for their 65th wedding anniversary. ;)
Besides, I have no reason to place a lamb on the sacrificial alter. The poor guy is just trying to make a living.
....and, as unclejjg reported, they did not answer specific questions that they did not want to answer;

This was a marketing effort, not an olive branch to enthusiasts.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
To be fair, it wasn't really portrayed or promoted as anything directed to enthusiasts, either.
True. But when you make an engineer available to answer questions, you should expect more than softballs.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally, I don't see the big deal. Nobody's going to buy a Cherokee to go do serious offroading. They might take it camping or drive on some muddy paths, which is more than any other CUV can really do. This horse has been beaten well enough, nobody expects a vehicle as capable as a Wrangler, or even a WK2. It's a Soft-Roader, they just made it more hardcore than its competition by a fair margin. The most capable midsize CUV is still a CUV!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts