Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled a junk yard cluster and trying to test if it works. Has anyone powered one of these up outside of a car before?

I've got Positive 12V to the Ignition, Battery, and Illumination wires on the Red connector and Negative to Ground on the same connector. The white connector on the other side doesn't appear to have anything that needs power and I'm not sure of the Orange and Black wire in the middle. connector.

Giving it power I can see light bulbs illuminate from behind the screens but nothing more than that.

Is there something I'm missing or do you wager that just means she's shot?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,683 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. If the electrolytic capacitors in the DC-DC power supply are leaky or shorted, it can damage the step-up 12v-24v transformer or voltage regulator. You might see a charred spot on the circuit board?
This stepped-up supply runs the vacuum florescent display tubes.
A self-test involves holding the trip odo button in, then power up the ign terminal and release the button. The gauge and digit segments should then do a little demo dance to check operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.