Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power steering pressure hose on my 2002 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3l V6 is ruptured.

I've read in a few forums about people complaining of OEM hoses breaking down and the rubber getting into the reservoir. Is there an aftermarket hose brand that you would recommend that is less likely to cause this problem?

Right now I'm looking at Edelmann, Gates, and AC Delco but am open to any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
I proactively replaced the PS hoses on my truck, since the metal part was under the battery tray and being attacked by acid. I bought Goodyear from Rockauto and they work great.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks gents

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Manntis said:
The power steering pressure hose on my 2002 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3l V6 is ruptured. I've read in a few forums about people complaining of OEM hoses breaking down and the rubber getting into the reservoir. Is there an aftermarket hose brand that you would recommend that is less likely to cause this problem?
When I worked at a Farm Machinery dealership, the local mechanic shop would come in and have us make up hydraulic hoses for all his replacements. They were less expensive than OEM hoses & designed for higher pressure than a power steering system would ever generate. Subsequently anytime I need to replace a hose that's what I would do on all my vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts