Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,530 Posts
They're all plastic tank and aluminum core these days. Make sure that you get one with the same number of rows. I found some places carrying cheap ones that were single-row, and my original was 2-row. In addition, make sure that the flanges are not too thick for the clips that the retaining bolts go through. All the aftermarket ones had flanges that were too thick for the clips, so I could not bolt them in place. Had to go to the dealer, found the OEM was $40 cheaper and also it fit. But today, they're probably no longer carried at most dealerships.

·
Super Moderator
33,530 Posts
The aftermarkets pretty much all come with the cooler, and you just leave the fittings open if you have a manual transmission.

·
Super Moderator
33,530 Posts
For intercooled, you can find a radiator shop to build one, but it will be expensive.

·
Super Moderator
33,530 Posts
Let me know if it fits. The one they had for the Daytona did not allow the flange clips to fit on, that the mounting bolts go through.

·
Super Moderator
33,530 Posts
For my 1985 Daytona, around 1990 I paid $220 for a copper Modine radiator. For my 1992, around 2004 I paid $142 at the dealer for a plastic and aluminum radiator. $129 is a good price.

The problem I had with the flanges was not the distance between them. They lined up just fine. Problem was that you have to transfer the flange clips from the old radiator to the new one, and the new flanges were thicker, to the point where the clips would not fit around them, and therefore, the mounting bolts could not go through the clips and had nothing to thread into.

The paint is a non-issue, you need the protection from the road salt, which eats aluminum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.