Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I may need to replace the radiator on the Sundance; I was thinking that perhaps the radiator from one the other models may offer better cooling or more cores and still fit.

Can anyone substantiate this suggestion. Or has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob, I will check with the dealer before I make the purchase.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I grabbed a stock replacement from Napa out of convienence.

I will set aside $500 so that when the Shelby Z's radiator dies.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Came in last night, took a look at it this morning.

- It looks as though the brackets are set the correct distance apart.
- Despite looking "pretty", I am very disapointed that the entire radiator is pain ted black. Painting metal decreases it potential heat dissapation properties...however slight. It is a radiator, why not just remove the cololing fins to reduc,e it's weight?
- the previous radiator in the Sundance was not an original and was a single core, this is a double core :)
- this was the most I have paid for a radiator In my life, $129.00.

Overall, if it doesn't leak, I will quit wining about it in a short bit.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new radiator from NAPA;

-I mock in stalled it, everything was where it needed to be. The fack that it was a dual core was the best part.
-while laying out the shroud and fan I noticed a difference between the old radiator and the new one. The lower transmission coolant line fitting was loose on the old radiator.

It still took me a couple of minutes to put together what exactly that loose fitting was doing for me. Ultimately, even though I was enamoured with the potential performance increase offered by th it's improved heat dissapation, I just can't spend the money to replace working parts. So the best part about the new Napa radiator is I don't need it yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.