Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dead stock (even down to replacement Goodyear factory spec tires) and will remain that way.
But at 88K miles the original shocks seem pretty bouncy and the steering stabilizer is weeping fluid so I'll be replacing that as well. There also seems to be a little front end slop so I'll give everything a good going over while I'm under it.

What is the best shock for a stock, unlifted Wrangler? It won't see off road use and will remain at the stock ride height. One guy I talked to loved the Rancho shocks he put on his 2011 Unlimited but I've seen others favor the Bilsteins (which mode Bilstein?) or new take-off stock Rubicon shocks.

·
Super Moderator
40,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is SDUS, if I'm looking at the right code.
The VIN ends with 7L174137.

·
Super Moderator
40,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the Jeep now has new shocks and a new steering stabilizer. it drives like a different vehicle. No more shuddering over every bump. There's still what seems to be a little play in the front I need to look over. If the suspension pieces aren't any better than the 2005 300C I had, I expect there are tie rods or ball joints that need attention. Just seem to be cheap parts typical of the DCX era.

By the way, I let a friend convince me to put Monroe SensaTrac shocks on it due to the price vs. the OEM shocks. I guess time will tell if this was a good decision or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.