Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Just to cover some ideas I had, lets get into hypothetical specifics here.

Do any of our parts guys know if the factory shocks are the same for Sport/X/Sahara models? Do they use the same springs. Also, what about model years. Would the factory replacement shocks now the same as what are on the 2013s?

We know the Rubicon shocks are different than the lower trim levels. Those take offs would offer different ride than the X originally had. If the springs are the same between all models, then you would theoretically end up close to the same feel as a Rubicon.

*Just to update, there are many different part numbers listed for shocks and springs on Mopar.com

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Aftermarket shocks such as Rancho are not tuned for a specific application and yet some like the feel of the Rancho, because the 9000 series is adjustable, therefore it feels "different".
I have seen many TJ owners using this shock on other forums. It does have 9 settings so I suppose one could really fine tune to their opinion of ride quality. I do not know anyone personally that has run them, how is the durability of the shock? It always seems to me these aftermarket shocks are nothing but rust in about 3 years in the midwest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.