Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best time of year to buy or lease new? Is it when the next model year is about to come out in August? Is it in December before Christmas? Or is it in the summer?

Are there any upcoming "Deals" that a new buyer might consider? I know that Jeep & Dodge must have been having some type of incentive that just ended because the buy/lease rates/discounts changed dramatically this week vs last.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
You might have just missed it, or it's now, depending upon the model.
Some models have already ended production and many 2014's are already in production and arriving at dealers, so the traditional August is a thing of the past. If your model is flush at a particular dealer, and they need to make room for the 2014's, now is the time.
With all of the back logged models right now, it's not really a buyers market, unless you don't care about trim level or color.
Usually Minday is the best day of the week, Friday through mid-day Sunday, the worst days to deal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Norm. I am just trying to make sure I get the best "Bang for my buck" - I'd rather get like a GC Overland vs a Laredo if I can get a better deal, last week I would have paid less for a GC Overland than I pay for a Laredo this week. I was hoping someone here knew "Upcoming deals" that just weren't advertised on any CDJ vehicles... specifically the Grand and the Charger.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Tomguy said:
Thanks Norm. I am just trying to make sure I get the best "Bang for my buck" - I'd rather get like a GC Overland vs a Laredo if I can get a better deal, last week I would have paid less for a GC Overland than I pay for a Laredo this week. I was hoping someone here knew "Upcoming deals" that just weren't advertised on any CDJ vehicles... specifically the Grand and the Charger.
Regarding the Grand, 2014's are hitting lots now, so a dealer overstocked with 2013's might be dealing, the Internet works great to find the best deal and then get your local, dealer to match it, if not, a road trip might be the answer.
Im not as well versed regarding the Charger. Maybe one of our dealers can chime in and give you a synopsis of when and why?
dak4x4 said:
It's never a good time to lease, unless of course the doc tells you you have 8 months to live.
Generally true except for a few situations.
If you have a company.
Buy new every two years.
Need the tax break.
Are near the end of your driving license eligibility.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
August and September are the best months to get a deal on outgoing models, especially if you still want a decent selection. By October-November, factory-to-consumer rebates are often replaced by factory-to-dealer incentives which are harder to obtain (a dealer HAS to give you the factory-to-consumer rebates and it doesn't cost HIM anything to do so - factory-to-dealer incentives he can do with what he pleases).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts