Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My red interior is showing a little grime, especially on the driver's seat. What leather cleaner / conditioner should I use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
I always just used saddle soap on mine back when I had leather. It cleans it and leaves it soft and supple.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Neatsfoot Oil - best solution for leather, over 100 years old. Works great

·
Registered
435 Posts
The instruction manual tells you to use a just a damp cloth. If that doesn't work, the recommend a soft cloth and Mopar Total Clean.

Whatever you use, I would suggest first tying it on a small, out of the way location. Just to make sure that it doesn't discolor/damage/etc the leather.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
I used Lexol cleaner and then Lexol conditioner on my 300M's seats. So far on the 200, I have just used a damp rag and wiped the seats down from time to time.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I had tried a Turtle Wax product, can't remember which one, but they were "wipes" for cleaning leather. The seats looked streaked. I freaked, but luckily the streaks came off with a soft damp towel!

Guess I'll stick to a little warm water and a cotton towel.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Lexol products are essential to leather life. Probably the only really good product out there, and without risk to the leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts