Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
5,897 Posts
This affects Stellantis as well. And when automakers struggle, it’s not just some faceless corporation. This affects real people trying to pay their bills and feed their families. I take no joy in seeing people struggle, especially when they’ve already been hit hard during the pandemic.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ford made it personal in 2015.

Maybe they should have apologized for their poor product that almost killed me. Their corporate reaction to blame ME for THEIR known poor quality product that should have never hit the market. Read about the fiasco that was the Ford Focus.

My schadenfreude is at 11 with them.

Ford workers are missing a golden opportunity to get Ford.

Ford has violated the UAW/Ford contract of 2019 by moving product to Mexico.

One strike and Ford is done.

I will certainly help swing a sledgehammer to tear down their plants.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

Maybe they should have apologized for their poor product that almost killed me. Their corporate reaction to blame ME for THEIR known poor quality product that should have never hit the market. Read about the fiasco that was the Ford Focus.

Blah, blah, blah... More irrational hatred.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

I hear you..that Ford car almost killed a friend of mine..a diehard Ford fan whom after having 5..yes FIVE transmission changes, it still would sometime delay moving..which when crossing on-coming traffic can be a big problem as my friend found out!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
That linked article indicates less dependence on the chips in short supply for Toyota and Honda, and suggests that with a shortage, automakers will concentrate on producing the vehicles that are most in demand, which I will interret as the most profitable ones. If the big three severely reduce production in those competitive segments, that would seem to give Toyota and Honda a chance to increase their share in conventional cars and CUV's, while making higher profit due to less need to discount.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
It is pretty disgusting to celebrate this shortage of chips because it affects one automaker you hate.

This affects the entire industry, many jobs and will impact the US and other economies negatively.

The chip shortage may last years. It does not just affect the auto industry. It could put the world into a recession. Couple this with the cheap money being pumped into the economy and we may all be in for some rough years ahead.

·
Super Moderator
37,874 Posts
I hear you..that Ford car almost killed a friend of mine..a diehard Ford fan whom after having 5..yes FIVE transmission changes, it still would sometime delay moving..which when crossing on-coming traffic can be a big problem as my friend found out!!!
And I had the same problem in a Fiat 500L. The only difference is Fiat (and Dodge Dart) sold a lot fewer DDCT transmissions.

·
Super Moderator
37,874 Posts
When I bought my van, the dealer had 20 to chose from. They now have 7, all Limited and Pinnacle.

·
Jeepaholic
5,897 Posts
Just because a vehicle didn’t perform as intended, does not make something personal. The front suspension on my Liberty was incredibly flawed. Should I feel Jeep was trying to kill me? Hoping an entire company fails because of one’s specific experiences is just ridiculous. Good lord, that’s just ranting.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People don't understand how BAD these cars were and how BAD Ford was treating it's customers.

I had that exact delay movement turning left one day. It stopped in a intersection with a large tractor trailer bearing down on me.

Ford purposely put a death trap vehicle on the road.

It's personal.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
People don't understand how BAD these cars were and how BAD Ford was treating it's customers.

I had that exact delay movement turning left one day. It stopped in a intersection with a large tractor trailer bearing down on me.

Ford purposely put a death trap vehicle on the road.

It's personal.
If you are so sure, then why haven't you been successful in suing Ford?

Did you try?

Or did you join the class action?

Reactions: Tony K and Zagnut27

·
Jeepaholic
5,897 Posts
If you are so sure, then why haven't you been successful in suing Ford?

Did you try?

Or did you join the class action?
Google class action lawsuit for the 9 speed transmission, and you’ll see roughly the same complaints as are voiced about the Ford transmission. I guess all of Stellantis should fail too, as FCA was clearly trying to murder all of the customers. Sarcasm off.

Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Read this.
Google class action lawsuit for the 9 speed transmission, and you’ll see roughly the same complaints as are voiced about the Ford transmission. I guess all of Stellantis should fail too, as FCA was clearly trying to murder all of the customers. Sarcasm off.

·
Jeepaholic
5,897 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
This might make me sound a little crazy, but is there anyone else with a slight suspicion that this chip shortage might be a bit like an artificial scarcity? Fewer vehicles to sell is less of a problem when there is no room to negotiate for price for the buyer. Basically, a shortage of supply will drive up prices. Just a thought, with no proof or evidence to back it up.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
435 Posts
This might make me sound a little crazy, but is there anyone else with a slight suspicion that this chip shortage might be a bit like an artificial scarcity? Fewer vehicles to sell is less of a problem when there is no room to negotiate for price for the buyer. Basically, a shortage of supply will drive up prices. Just a thought, with no proof or evidence to back it up.
If there was a problem selling cars for profit before the shortage, more companies would've failed and not have merged.
It's more on the industry that makes these "chips" that control some of the most complex computers, systems, and vehicles, in the world and somehow they didn't have a fail safe set for a power outage.
If anything, this is a blessing for OE's and them making a killing on it.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,198 Posts
Blah, blah, blah... More irrational hatred.
I'll go with rational hatred, but then, I dislike Ford, too. Not as much as I dislike Tesla.

It's more on the industry that makes these "chips" that control some of the most complex computers, systems, and vehicles, in the world and somehow they didn't have a fail safe set for a power outage.
True enough. I'm still wondering about that. The equipment that absolutely needed protection should have had what just about every data center has: batteries for ten minutes and Cummins generators for the next months, with a two-week fuel supply plus natural gas input.

Perhaps they didn't weatherproof their backup power? That happened to Liquidweb years and years ago; they had a power failure in the middle of winter and their Cummins generators refused to start. Cummins sent a bunch of people over and they figured out some solutions and redesigned their generators (well, patched them, anyway).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts