Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using blind spot mirrors on their Challenger? What size do you recommend? I looked at both Advanced and Auto Zone, and the smallest they have is two inches, which seems too big to me. Also, they had cheap looking black plastic frames. These were the round ones. I'd rather have the less obtrusive looking silver trimmed type.

Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
car talk recommends how to adjust your mirrors. most people adjust their mirrors to see their rear fenders. this is wrong! lean your head against your window in normal driving position and adjust ur drivers side until u can just barely see your rear fender. sit up in normal diving position and adjust your passenger mirror the same way. if done right, in normal driving position, when a car leaves the view of your rear view mirror it will appear in a side mirror, eliminating blind spots. i have tried this on my charger, and it works. be aware though, it takes time to get used to. at first it seemed that cars in my drivers side mirror were coming strait at me.you will get used to it.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I don't have a Challenger, unfortunately, but I have a new 200 and bought the smallest ones that Autozone had. I think they're about 2" diameter. Here's how they look on my car. I love them, but have had blind spot mirrors on every vehicle I've owned in the past 32 years. They're a must have for me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
sickboy said:
car talk recommends how to adjust your mirrors. most people adjust their mirrors to see their rear fenders. this is wrong! lean your head against your window in normal driving position and adjust ur drivers side until u can just barely see your rear fender. sit up in normal diving position and adjust your passenger mirror the same way. if done right, in normal driving position, when a car leaves the view of your rear view mirror it will appear in a side mirror, eliminating blind spots. i have tried this on my charger, and it works. be aware though, it takes time to get used to. at first it seemed that cars in my drivers side mirror were coming strait at me.you will get used to it.
Ditto! Do this on my Charger too.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I wonder if these would work for any of the Chrysler mirrors; Way more seamless. They're for VWs, but I figure if it fits, use it. xD

·
Administrator
5,641 Posts
sickboy said:
That's fin and dandy, but since the OP didn't ask about proper mirror positioning let's stop the lecturing and offer an answer to what he did ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts