Allpar Forums banner

Body work started.

938 Views 30 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Doug D
My 2005 Convertible is getting a face lift. The paint was faded in places and it had one spot of rust perforation under the drivers door. It was a daily rental in Michigan for the first two years of its existence then a lady bought it and had it as her toy. She was in failing health so it got parked for an extended period of time. I still need to do some deep detailing but the new metal is welded in and it's getting paint laid down now.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

A friend who is good at body work is doing it. I only asked for a respray of the sun burnt paint but he said the dents (either a hail storm or the walnut tree near the house) were bugging him so he's pulling them out and smoothing them with filler.

Once the paint cures for a month, he's going to redo the pinstripes. The lady doted on this car.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
As an owner of one of the final 5-speed stick convertibles in their last year 2008 I enjoyed seeing your progress on yours. Mine lives a charmed life - had someone at the dealer I use (unlimited free oil changes for life - 15 years now!) wondered why I had no rust on a car that has lived in Connecticut since I bought it new. Told him it's a pet - never comes out in the salt season and rarely in the rain. 94,000 miles mostly highway - from here to Florida, Maine and Prince Edward Island Canada. Haven't seen too many with obvious rust damage up here - they aren't rare yet even with 13 years plus on our salty winter roads.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts