Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pSun said:
Hello,

Yesterday during the 1st 20 mi nutes of driving the boost gage. On the 87 Shelby Z was not moving as it normally would. It would jump and hop, not smooth or consistant; it would even seem to be freezing in position on occation.

Oddly, after approximately 30 minutes it began working as I have been accustom to.

This morn ing, for the first 25-30 minutes of driving, it did virtuAlly nothing. If I taped the gage it may move a bit or it may not; then it mysteriously started behaving normal again.

If anyone has experienced this before or simply knows what is happening, please share. When it first happened, I freaked because I thought the Garret was the fault, I rmeain uncertain but am hoping for the best.
Hello,

Yesterday during the 1st 20 mi nutes of driving the boost gage. On the 87 Shelby Z was not moving as it normally would. It would jump and hop, not smooth or consistant; it would even seem to be freezing in position on occation.

Oddly, after approximately 30 minutes it began working as I have been accustom to.

This morn ing, for the first 25-30 minutes of driving, it did virtuAlly nothing. If I taped the gage it may move a bit or it may not; then it mysteriously started behaving normal again.

If anyone has experienced this before or simply knows what is happening, please share. When it first happened, I freaked because I thought the Garret was the fault, I rmeain uncertain but am hoping for the best.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks Bob. I will go through the vacuum lines, maybe there is an issue to be isolated. In other words...IN DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A turbo issue? But rather a vacuum issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.