Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is parting out a car that uses MOPAR PN 3766 495, it is a plastic twist in clip to retain the paired rear lines. I believe it was used on just about all the K based cars (E,G,J,H,K etc.) but not on the L body. I found that in doing the floor replacement on my K convertible all but 2 were lost (takes 6) and one of those is pretty bad.

I need to find either some good used ones or if anyone has found a replacement please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Can you post a pic of what it looks like?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the somewhat mangled one.
DSCN3003.jpg DSCN3004.jpg

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been look into some alternates, two problems right now, since it's a K car, no frame just the unibody and due to the dual diagonal brake system there are two armored lines that run from the valve block under the master cyl to just ahead of the left side rear suspension pivot. They start as an over/under pair inside the front reinforcement rail, then cross to just inside the body lip and run side by side the remainder of the distance. Since they are armored, they are 0.302" OD rather than being the 3/16" line. I am looking for something I can at least get them securely mounted to the body.

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
If you google Brake Line Clips there's a lot of different aftermarket options. I like the loop/tab style with the rubber inserts, they grab the line pretty snug and the rubber takes up the slack if the sizes are a little different. IIRC Home Depot has that style of retainer on the shelf, they're by the zip ties in my store. Might get them secured up until you find the right clips.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had done that and you would not believe what showed up, in addition to the actual clips to hold them, the retainers for the hoses to the brackets or cables to the brackets. I did find a company with a large assortment, but nothing specific for the K body and it's cousins. it is inlinetube.com

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, went to the local independent parts jobber today, who since we are a rural area and water on both sides, also carries farm equipment and marine parts. He had a nice pack of rubber insulated clips for 1/4" lines that fit over a 1/4" stud. I decided to give them a try, and when I got home and measured them against the one slightly mangled clip, they are extremely close if you put 2 of them together.
DSCN3015.jpg DSCN3012.jpg DSCN3014.jpg

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
Yup, those are the ones. They work pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts