Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently trying to find a brake upgrade kit that will bolt up to our 09 challnger se v6. Its seems to look like the R/T's brake calipers will bolt right up along w/ rotor change. Can anyone help me please....

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
I would imagine it being a dealer item still, or a newly wrecked R/T you find in one of the premium salvage yards. You could verify the direct bolt-on with part numbers from the dealership.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Yeah, I'd check steering knuckle part numbers on the V6 vs the R/T. If they're the same P/N then it's all bolt on. If they're different then you'd need some significant suspension work to make it work.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
My 2012 Challenger V6 has the larger brakes. It was part of the SS/T group. Don't have any idea how much is different from a regular Challenger V6, though it looks like 18" tires may not clear the bigger brakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i see where your going w/ the steering knuckle. Didnt think of that. THANK YOU! We have 22" wheels so big brakes will clear the wheels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the knuckles are the same on the R/T's & the Se's. just got danced on by a few dealerships but did way more homework w/ outside mind. THANK YOU TWX!

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
You're welcome. I've been through this once when we retrofitted bigger brakes on to Dad's '73 Charger SE, parts off of an '81 St. Regis cop car. The knuckles were the same, the caliper mounting brackets were different, the calipers were the same, and the rotors were different. So doing the work was straightforward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts