Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dealers here have next to none of these 3 models...This sucks!
Dealers here generally don't even carry those 3 unless they're big volume stores and in that case told to carry them. As I've stated before, the cars are no longer worth what they ask for them, so I can see why nobody wants one anymore. $50,000 for a V6 and $71,000 for a scat pack is absurd. Laughable actually.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I suspect all three will disappear soon. The vehicles are older than sin and the company has been delaying any replacements for years. Even the employees are tired of them as most employees I know are driving Rams and Jeeps.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I see lots of young guys driving Chargers and Challengers.
Future customers for other MoPar products. Just saw a wide body Challenger today, hitting I-75 at a clip with a pair of grinning guys in it.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I suspect all three will disappear soon. The vehicles are older than sin and the company has been delaying any replacements for years. Even the employees are tired of them as most employees I know are driving Rams and Jeeps.
Don't forget, Brampton's new contract mentions no new product and only a $50 million investment over the next 3 years.

It is a holding pattern.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe because driving a RWD vehicle in Canadian winters isnt for them . tired of them ? whatever puts food on the table working 6 days a week with an old product beats what going on in windsor with loss of 1 shift and rotating layoffs because Pacifica is a dud ..

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,385 Posts
How Many Days Supply is on Hand ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
At the rate they're going I have to agree, they'll likely call it a "hiatus" only for one or two of them to come back 4-5 yrs later as high output EV's

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
At the rate they're going I have to agree, they'll likely call it a "hiatus" only for one or two of them to come back 4-5 yrs later as high output EV's
The good part is that Tavares does not seem to let grass grow under the lineups. He has nearly finished putting every Opel, Peugeot and Citroen on new platforms in under 4 years.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
maybe because driving a RWD vehicle in Canadian winters isnt for them . tired of them ? whatever puts food on the table working 6 days a week with an old product beats what going on in windsor with loss of 1 shift and rotating layoffs because Pacifica is a dud ..
Doing my part. Got a 21 AWD Pacifica on order.
02162F4C-DB4B-4975-A08C-E3E02C6F25AA.jpeg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Don't forget, Brampton's new contract mentions no new product and only a $50 million investment over the next 3 years.

It is a holding pattern.
I think we can predict any replacement will be a Hybrid or more likely electric if there is a replacement. Maybe.along the lines like Ford is doing with Mustang Mach-e if it is a big hit.
The new Gov't admin coming into power is going to try to drive the industry away from carbon...which means an end to big displacement engines FCA has been making. If they enact a carbon tax that might happen even sooner than the current trend suggests.
Dodge is down to 3 vehicles for 2021. All very old platforms with even older powertrains in them.
Chrysler has 2. Hard to see what the future is for either without more product...though Dodge could be here what Alfa Romeo is in Europe IMO...not sure about Chrysler.
Ram and Jeep look safe under the new leadership.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I think we can predict any replacement will be a Hybrid or more likely electric if there is a replacement. Maybe.along the lines like Ford is doing with Mustang Mach-e if it is a big hit.
The new Gov't admin coming into power is going to try to drive the industry away from carbon...which means an end to big displacement engines FCA has been making. If they enact a carbon tax that might happen even sooner than the current trend suggests.
Dodge is down to 3 vehicles for 2021. All very old platforms with even older powertrains in them.
Chrysler has 2. Hard to see what the future is for either without more product...though Dodge could be here what Alfa Romeo is in Europe IMO...not sure about Chrysler.
Ram and Jeep look safe under the new leadership.
Chrysler could absolutely offer a full-hybrid/BEV lineup of small to large CUVs on PSA platforms....including the next generation minivan.

Those do not fit with Dodge's current image. Durango and Grand Cherokee L seem to occupy the same space. Ending Durango from Jefferson North & Mack could open up enough capacity for a RWD Cherokee to be built alongside Grand Cherokee and Grand Cherokee L.

The would free up Belvidere for small Chrysler CUVs and Windsor for larger Chrysler CUVs.

Brampton is odd-man out. I could see a scenario where Tavares "spreads the pain" of plant closures so one gets closed in North America.

Of course, this would spell the end of the Dodge brand. But I do not see how it continues into a next generation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chrysler could absolutely offer a full-hybrid/BEV lineup of small to large CUVs on PSA platforms....including the next generation minivan.

Those do not fit with Dodge's current image. Durango and Grand Cherokee L seem to occupy the same space. Ending Durango from Jefferson North & Mack could open up enough capacity for a RWD Cherokee to be built alongside Grand Cherokee and Grand Cherokee L.

The would free up Belvidere for small Chrysler CUVs and Windsor for larger Chrysler CUVs.

Brampton is odd-man out. I could see a scenario where Tavares "spreads the pain" of plant closures so one gets closed in North America.

Of course, this would spell the end of the Dodge brand. But I do not see how it continues into a next generation.
With an electric "mustang" CUV and supposedly a corvette one ready to debut, I see that being a place for Dodge to go with their heritage. Can't throw that away. Heck, you might see Plymouth come back if that sorta thing really takes off. Heritage designs versus some start-ups EV car that looks like a used bar of soap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts