Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jose Gonzalez, i'm from syracuse new york. I own a blue Dodge Neon 2005 SXT. i enjoy my dodge neon. this car has been good to me and never left me stranded anywhere. although it has high mileage (160K) mostly highway it runs strong. i like the roomy interior, confortable seats, instrument cluster, and over all the whole car is fantastic.Also it's a great gas saver. it looks sporty and not to mention it's quite fast. if chrysler is looking at this i hope they bring the neon back because it's reliable, sporty, fast, fun, confortable, and has good looks. The cons are powerless windows in the back, no cup holders in the back and no storage in the back for passangers. Also it receive a marginal safety rating. It's 2013 C'mon technology and safety has improved. Forget the bad reputation. Here are some suggestions for an awesome neon.
curtain airbags, optional side airbags, redisigned look, 6 speed automatic transmission,optional coupe version, optional convertible! more fuel economy, smaller engine, power windows in the back, add cup holders for the back passangers, storage for back passangers, more horse power and ft ibs of torque, heated front seats, GPS, phone, voice cammands, make it a top safety pick, get people to try the dodge neon, make the car interesting, give it a modern look, also make it affordable.

·
Super Moderator
21,367 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. The Neon was a great package like the Omni/Horizon before it, but it's time had come. It could never compete with the present offerings in almost all areas. Any new Neon would be a far different car than the old Neon, just as Dodge is now a different company with different owners.
That doesn't mean that I don't pine for my '78 Horizon or '92 Shadow. They carried cargo like a little truck, were simple to work on, economical and great snow cars.
I went from a '96 Neon to a '07 Caliber. Different cars to be sure. The 2.0L Caliber is 600 lbs heavier than the Neon with more tech. It is a far safer car with 7 airbags, but the small windows bother me. The 5-speed Neon also had more zip than the CVT 'smart ratio' gearbox.
I have driven the Dart and was impressed, except for the rearward visibility (it seems that today's style and other factors have trumped sensible glass area like the Neon had). It was much quieter and tighter than the Neon, but a new car isn't necessary or in the plans for me right now.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Once the Dart GT is here, I am convinced I will forget about Neons of yore. Neon was a drivers car in almost any trim which added to it's appeal, and the Dart is a lot of that already, just with a few more beans needed under the hood. That is coming with the 2.4 engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent drivin the dart yet, but i would like to that car looks awesome! is the dodge dart the new neon??

·
Super Moderator
21,367 Posts
The Dart is closer to the Neon formula than what the Caliber was. The Caliber was more of a hatchback/station wagon, although with the rear seatback down, the Neon held a lot of cargo as well. I haven't tried stuffing a Dart yet, but the rear area looks useful with the rear seat-back down.
The Caliber holds more on the inside than what the 'fastback' looks like on the outside. It took all my vacation gear last year and then some. It managed 38 mpg highway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the NEON was really a original design, for the time.
A 2 door coupe, with a pillarless glass...beautiful in my opinion. The first generation.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,683 Posts
PCRMike said:
I think with a torque and HP infusion it will be reeeeal close ot the fun factor of the Neon.
Yeah, once the 2.4L is in production for the Dart. While turbo's have their place, I'm just not fond of them.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
The turbo in my 84 Daytona is great, very little lag and works well at lower RPM. With over a 40% increase in HP from the TBI engine, and same or slightly better gas mileage, it's a win/win.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,683 Posts
Bob,

I didn't mean to infer turbos are bad or there is something majorly wrong. They are just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
771 Posts
22 years later and I still have my 95 Highline that I bought in 1994! :D Still love it! Why they stopped making them is a mystery!

Wow, you dug deeeep for this one, huh jetdogy?? *lol*

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The Mazda 3 is the car that comes closest to replicating the Neon. Somehow Mazda got 40 MPG highway out of their 184HP motor.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
As did Dart with the 1.4L turbo.

Reactions: Doug D
1 - 20 of 51 Posts