Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!
I have been trying to find a new screen all over the internet for my 2007 T&C NAV radio part# P56038629AI, <THAT part number was gotten off the sticker on the radio.
Also where do you find a LATEST NAV disc to update the navigation system (once I get the screen fixed lol) with the LATEST NAV information downloadable or other or is that not possible?

Everything else seems to work as far as I can tell since the screen is not working correctly, lights up but it's broken so . . . . can play CD's listen to radio turn on and off but can't see navigation or ANYTHING.
Can anyone tell me where I might find a replacement screen or what OTHER models can I take the screen off and replace mine with?
Heard you have to inut a code if you add another similar Chrysler radio in place of this one so thought the easiest solution might be taking the screen off another SIMILAR model and use it?? Does anyone know if that's a good idea/bad idea, what models I can use for the screen swap?? Can I just take the "front end" of the "donor" radio and swap it with mine?

Trying to avoid the dealership route as I think I can buy a brand new one for less than the refurbished one at the dealer.
Thank you in advance for ANY of your thoughts on these problems!!

P.S. Heard there is a "guide" to cleaning up your radio (this one looks pretty dirty) by Jeremy Schrag here but I can't find it???

·
Super Moderator
39,057 Posts
I’d just look on eBay for a replacement from a junkyard or someplace like Infotainment.com (at https://www.infotainment.com/ ).
You probably won’t find a replacement screen.
You’ll need to visit Chrysler Group | HERE (at https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/home/en_US/ChryslerNA/USD?&utm_medium=CPC&utm_source=HERE-NA-Google&utm_campaign=CHR-ENG-US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_c3GicKz5QIVJYNaBR0pNwxHEAAYAiAAEgKkZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds )
For the maps. Your VIN will be needed to order the maps.

You can update the software, not the maps, at Software Update for Uconnect® (at https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html )

Reactions: MrPatrick

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,945 Posts
I realize that you are trying to DIY in order to save money. If you can't find a display screen from Chrysler or generic, then consider a used or exchange unit?
I have exchanged units through an authorized Chrysler electronic repair depot like United Radio in Syracuse, NY.
Depots are located across the country. They probably won't sell you the part, but it never hurts to ask.

Reactions: MrPatrick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for taking the time to reply I certainly appreciate it!!!
Will check the sources/resources you so generously offered me valiant67!
Thank you again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I realize that you are trying to DIY in order to save money. If you can't find a display screen from Chrysler or generic, then consider a used or exchange unit?
I have exchanged units through an authorized Chrysler electronic repair depot like United Radio in Syracuse, NY.
Depots are located across the country. They probably won't sell you the part, but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you for the tip I appreciate it, I would have never thought of that will search for United Radio and it might lead me to what I need!!
Thanks again ImperialCrown!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ARGH!! just went to the above software update link to get any update for the software and got this reply:
"There are no longer map updates available for purchase for your navigation system.
Thank you."

Not sure what to do about THAT???? am thinking I'm out of luck for the Uconnect software updates but might be able to buy a Navigation disc on eBay or Amazon . . . . . I thionk I read that the last disc was offered in 2013 so . . . .

The infotainment .com link does offer to sell you a radio BUT it's $649.95 . . . . . LOL!!
Was able to download an instruction manual for taking the radio out though AND details/Owners Manual that highlights it's capabilities/features so was worth checking out the site! Thank you again

Working on Plan B, found a couple of radios on eBay that have good screens (different endings on the part # though, such as mine ends with "AI" and ones I've found on ebay end with "AH"/"AD" like: "P56038629AH" does the ending of the part # matter if just planning to use the screen off that radio?
Am wondering if I'll have "issues" if I just "switch" the screens and avoid having to have the correct "code" to input since the NEW radio would be setup for a different VIN??? anyone know about THAT?
Looks like the path I'll have to take and am hoping I can "switch" screens and make "Bessie" (T&C) whole again.
ANY thought on ANY or ALL lol of these potential issues would certainly be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts