You know how it works in the auto industry:

We will pay you $500 for each sample part
We will pay you $50 for each production part

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Here's a couple of other stories on the issue:

Teething Problems: Ford Bronco Owners Reporting Issues With Hardtop
"A number of owners who have already taken delivery of their Broncos have started to report build quality related problems with the hardtop on the enthusiast forum Bronco6G. Some have noticed that the headliner has begun to peel away from the roof itself three weeks after taking delivery, and others have reported strands of fiberglass sticking out of the roof panel and poor finishing on other parts of the top. Keep in mind there is no option for a solid roof on these SUVs, so these removable roof panels are the only way to go (unless you opt for the cloth-clad soft top)."

2021 Ford Bronco Owners Say Their Hardtops Are Coming Apart Already
"At least one owner says that their hardtop has begun to show the internal hexagonal structure of the part after applying surface wax. The report indicates that this is strictly visual, meaning it can't be felt when touching the part. Still, it's a little concerning that the snakeskin-like pattern is appearing at all, let alone on a brand new component.

Another noticed some rough edges and cracking just two days after delivery, though they weren't sure if it was something they missed when first inspecting the vehicle or if it happened afterward. Some commenters suggested that the material had begun to swell and advised bringing it in for warranty repairs.

While this might be the first sign of Ford having actual issues with produced hardtops, the car company has struggled with the Bronco's release for months. Webasto Roof Systems—the German company that builds the hardtop for the Bronco—isn't some small player in the game. It also builds tops for the Jeep Wrangler and BMW Z4, and it's provided parts for several other vehicle makers like Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, and more.

Still, overwhelming demand for the Bronco has put a significant squeeze on Webasto's resources and pressured the manufacturer to crank out tops quickly so Broncos aren't delayed further. In fact, consumer response to the Bronco and its hardtop has pushed Webasto to consider opening a second facility in the greater Detroit area just to fulfill orders.

I kind of like that honeycomb texture, they should make that intentional and let it be part of the design. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
No, it's just ironic you were griping about features on a vehicle you yourself said you'd never own. Features that are specific to that type of vehicle (an off road oriented vehicle with a removable roof).
It would be like me criticizing a Bentley's features and quality.
I won't speak on Bentley's quality but I'm sure they're hiding or ignoring defects and happily allowing their customes to pay for the expenses just like every other manufacturer. People have been mass producing cars for over a hundred years. I'm sure we can build a removable top that doesn't rattle. Can you explain how that's griping?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I don't see any laws, rules or policies saying I have to own or be interested in owning a certain vehicle or feature to be elligible to discuss them. Is that a rule or would you just like to censor what you don't like to hear?
I strongly agree. This type of acrimony is bringing this website down into the ranks of just another fan forum, where all they do is P&M with each other.
Commenting should be allowed on both sides of an issue, and moderators, especially "super moderators", should remain 100% neutral, or they should resign.
This is a Mopar-dedicated page, for Mopar enthusiasts. We're here to learn and to help each other, not interpose one's ideology. There's absolutely no room for the little Amen Corners that have developed here.

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
I strongly agree. This type of acrimony is bringing this website down into the ranks of just another fan forum, where all they do is P&M with each other.
Commenting should be allowed on both sides of an issue, and moderators, especially "super moderators", should remain 100% neutral, or they should resign.
This is a Mopar-dedicated page, for Mopar enthusiasts. We're here to learn and to help each other, not interpose one's ideology. There's absolutely no room for the little Amen Corners that have developed here.
Moderators are allowed to have personal opinions.You will notice the posts in question WERE NOT moderated.

Reactions: kevin m. Henry

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Moderators are allowed to have personal opinions.You will notice the posts in question WERE NOT moderated.
There are several other posts in which comments - even articles and discussions - were removed because they didn't align with what the glee club wanted. This has been happening with greater frequency, Moderators, Super Moderators, Super-Duper Moderators, and us mere mortals should all be held to the same standards. That's not happening.
We should also keep in mind that this page is supposed to be dedicated to Mopar products and enthusiasts, and we all know that there are many, many pages out there for competing makes and models that are not shy about denigrating Chrysler products. So it is not a bad thing to point out the competition's errors, while continuing to pressure Stellantis into improving its products.
My comment stands, as is.

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
There are several other posts in which comments - even articles and discussions - were removed because they didn't align with what the glee club wanted. This has been happening with greater frequency, Moderators, Super Moderators, Super-Duper Moderators, and us mere mortals should all be held to the same standards. That's not happening.
We should also keep in mind that this page is supposed to be dedicated to Mopar products and enthusiasts, and we all know that there are many, many pages out there for competing makes and models that are not shy about denigrating Chrysler products. So it is not a bad thing to point out the competition's errors, while continuing to pressure Stellantis into improving its products.
My comment stands, as is.
I can only speak for myself. I've only removed comments or discussion because they were political or users were insulting to others. That's it.
Pro-Stellantic, pro-FCA, anti-FCA - whatever as long as the post is non-offensive and not political it remains.

·
Jeepaholic
5,994 Posts
I can only speak for myself. I've only removed comments or discussion because they were political or users were insulting to others. That's it.
Pro-Stellantic, pro-FCA, anti-FCA - whatever as long as the post is non-offensive and not political it remains.
The moderators (and Dave as well) get bashed frequently, but they do a pretty good job here. As Aldo used to say, the mods aren’t getting paid and they’re human. Give em a break. I’ve been moderated before and given warnings and such...and life goes on. Big deal.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
While I personally couldn't care less about Fords, some on here are okay with posting things about them. As long as everyone is okay with that it doesn't bother me.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Wasn't expecting this.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
616 Posts
Wasn't expecting this.
I now question everything about the Bronco after I saw that video!
It's up in power AND gears but the Wrangler is still like "nah bud, I'm getting there first".
I can't believe it, honestly.
I also really enjoyed last race with the Ram. As I've been hearing over the past year: a chase is a race! Ha!!

·
Jeepaholic
5,994 Posts
The horsepower for the 2.3 is significantly lower with regular gas. Having that in our Explorer, I can definitely say it likes the premium fuel…much better performance. I’m not surprised by this at all, you’re not going to win many foot races with that engine sipping (or gulping) regular gas. I won’t say it’s slow, after driving our Encore, but it definitely ain’t fast.

Ford 2.3L EcoBoost I-4Ford 2.7L EcoBoost V6
Standard 87 Octane Horsepower275315
Standard 87 Octane Torque (pound-feet)315410
Premium 93 Octane Horsepower300330
Premium 93 Octane Torque (pound-feet)325415

41 - 52 of 52 Posts