Allpar Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
6,955 Posts
I have yet to find a good independent shop.
I go to Fox Run Automotive off of Rt 40 in Bear. They’re not perfect…I’ve had to go back a couple of times when things weren’t fixed right…but they made it a priority to correct it. And they’re always nice. There’s a lot to be said for that…lol.

Reactions: Donte Lindsey

·
Registered
598 Posts
I go to Fox Run Automotive off of Rt 40 in Bear. They’re not perfect…I’ve had to go back a couple of times when things weren’t fixed right…but they made it a priority to correct it. And they’re always nice. There’s a lot to be said for that…lol.
I have actually heard they're very nice people they're but never about that service. I guess nice people means good service lol.

·
Jeepaholic
6,955 Posts
I have actually heard they're very nice people they're but never about that service. I guess nice people means good service lol.
Considering the service I've gotten at the CDJR dealer, I'll take the fact that they are at least nice at Fox Run. :LOL: I must say they did a great job doing the head gasket and turbo replacement for my wife's Encore, it drives better than ever now.

Over the past couple of years I've had death threats, a patient tried to stab me, and I've been verbally abused countless times. When someone is actually nice, it's very welcome. lol.

Reactions: tlc

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am scheduled to visit with card carrying Choctaw granddaughter for OU-K-State football game tomorrow night. She is Dallas-South Buick-GMC regional sales manager for General Motors. Her dealers stretch from mid Dallas to Abilene and south to College Station. I'll see what I can learn.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Considering the service I've gotten at the CDJR dealer, I'll take the fact that they are at least nice at Fox Run. :LOL: I must say they did a great job doing the head gasket and turbo replacement for my wife's Encore, it drives better than ever now.

Over the past couple of years I've had death threats, a patient tried to stab me, and I've been verbally abused countless times. When someone is actually nice, it's very welcome. lol.
That sounds like a beautiful nightmare lol.

·
Jeepaholic
6,955 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am scheduled to visit with card carrying Choctaw granddaughter for OU-K-State football game tomorrow night. She is Dallas-South Buick-GMC regional sales manager for General Motors. Her dealers stretch from mid Dallas to Abilene and south to College Station. I'll see what I can learn.
Toyota sells many vehicles with far fewer dealers than Buick. GM granddaughter tells me GM plans for Buick is all EV.

A few years ago, GM offered Richard Karr in Waco a buy out for the Cadillac flag. Karr elected to remain Ricard Karr Buick-GMC-Cadillac. GM is considering doing the same with Buick. Internal polling tells GM many, many GM customers want no part of EV, me included.

GM can pull the Cadillac flag from Karr but at considerable cost.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,586 Posts
Toyota sells many vehicles with far fewer dealers than Buick. GM granddaughter tells me GM plans for Buick is all EV.

A few years ago, GM offered Richard Karr in Waco a buy out for the Cadillac flag. Karr elected to remain Ricard Karr Buick-GMC-Cadillac. GM is considering doing the same with Buick. Internal polling tells GM many, many GM customers want no part of EV, me included.

GM can pull the Cadillac flag from Karr but at considerable cost.
Buick will never fully escape their reputation as being an "old person" car. Many of these older people don't want nor need a EV. They're content with the car they have now or want something inexpensive since living off retirement like my grandmother. I think Buick switching to all EV that soon will be detrimental for the brand but time will tell.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts